Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   New laptop. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-laptop-t250118.html)

Suzanne57 07-16-2014 06:53 AM

Oh, I have free 24X7 tech support for the life of my new computer and they can even do a remote control and fix whatever needs doing. It came with the computer along with a lot of other goodies that I might use someday.

shasta5718 07-16-2014 07:15 AM

My computer came with 8 and I hated it, so use desktop, I wish the 8 inventor could be put in jail a year for each of the squirrley features in this horrible system.

strawberrymom 07-16-2014 06:13 PM

I kept XP for a long time then my computer died and I had to get a new one so Windows 8 is what I have now. It is a lot like XP that I have no problems so far with it. Try it when you are sick and tired of XP

SittingPretty 07-16-2014 07:17 PM

I'm kind of hoping there will be a Windows 9 which will be more like Windows 7. I love 7. I understand that Windows 8 is better for a touch screen, and I like my mouse. Yeah, right, and here I am typing this on my Samsung Galaxy 3 tablet. Well, I do like my mouse when I'm on my desktop computer.

quiltgodess 07-16-2014 07:56 PM

I bought a refurbished one to avoid Windows 8.

CurliQ 07-16-2014 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by SittingPretty (Post 6804526)
I'm kind of hoping there will be a Windows 9 which will be more like Windows 7. I love 7. I understand that Windows 8 is better for a touch screen, and I like my mouse. Yeah, right, and here I am typing this on my Samsung Galaxy 3 tablet. Well, I do like my mouse when I'm on my desktop computer.

You can use Windows 8 without the touch screen. I've never enabled mine and use only the mouse.

lynnie 07-17-2014 08:39 AM

I got mine over a year ago. still having problems. good luck

Onebyone 07-17-2014 09:31 AM

Windows 8.1 is more like Windows 7. I was able to by pass all the big square tiles and only use desktop like Windows 7. Took a long time to figure how to get rid of the app page. I found out anything can be deleted if installed. LOL

Stitchnripper 07-17-2014 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 6803030)
You have my deepest sympathy. I am also a Mac user and when my daughter put me on her family plan, she got me a windows 8 phone. I really tried to get used to it, and learn how to make it mine, but after three weeks, I took it back and traded for and iPhone 5c. They said it was easy to learn, but it was not easy for me. I hope you have much better luck than I did. The cell company told me they have got most of them returned. I am not surprised at all. I now have iMac, iPad, iPod, and now iPhone. I hope apple doesn't make and more gadgets, I
can't afford anymore. Lol!

Oh my gosh, madamekelly! I am so with you! I consider my iPhone 5 a vital part of my life! I get so much pleasure from it and it is easy to use. I also have an iMac and an iPad, and use my old iPhone 4 as an iPod. Looking forward to the new phone coming out.