Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   New Window's 10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-windows-10-a-t272142.html)

alagal 11-13-2015 05:58 PM

And I still have Vista which I'll keep until it dies!

MarleneC 11-13-2015 11:00 PM

My tech advised to wait at least 6 months before downloading Windows 10. I have an email friend in Australia who was also given that advice by her tech. I use Windows 8 on both desktop and laptop and have had no problems with it.

Originally Posted by RV Quilter (Post 7374260)
My son who does computer work for a large family of hospitals told me to wait until they get the bugs out before downloading it. He said it would be free for a year so give them time to work out problems. Sounds like he gave me sound advice with all the problems I'm hearing about.

cathyre 11-14-2015 04:41 AM

My son works in the Sewing machine world and has said don't go near Windows 10 , it is a nightmare with you embroidery program .....not for me thanks I shall wait .

Erichard 12-20-2015 07:53 PM

I was using 8.1 and I upgraded to windows 10 . When I tryed to go back to 8.1 iv had all kinds of problems. My servicice mananger has a error message showing up. It says a file is misusing and I have no ideal how to fix it

cashs_mom 12-20-2015 08:17 PM

I'm not upgrading until I have to. I have Windows 7 now and it's just fine. BTW if you want to get a computer with Windows 7 or 8 on it, CDW might be able to help you. When the infamous VISTA was around, I ordered 2 computers from them and had them downgraded to XP. I was so glad I did.

toverly 12-21-2015 06:38 AM

I downloaded Windows 10 in spite of the warning from my teenager. So far I like it better than the last Windows. They have included a way to block the touchpad on my laptop. So no more accidents from hitting the touchpad with the palm of my hand. There are things I haven't figured out yet. I was returning to the start up screen each time I wanted to surf around the internet, eventually I figured out how to save favorites to my task bar so it helps. But I am still keeping my fingers crossed.

tessagin 12-21-2015 06:57 AM

I sticking with Windows 7. Dh bought a laptop a few years back that had Vista on it. More problems than it was worth so he sold it to a guy who wanted a newer computer with Vista. DH got what he paid for it. Then couple years ago DH buys me a laptop with but since he purchased it in his name instead of allowing me to pick out my own, I had the worst time always trying to log on. It only wanted to recognize him and he couldn't remember the password. It was a mess. I took it to the office for my broker who is tech savvy to help. Only time I can use it is if I go to the office. Dh has now taken it over and downloaded Windows 10 and is having trouble with it. I told him I want no tech devices for Christmas unless I'm with him. With the laptop he got a tablet also (free). Which is a pain. When I got my Samsung, we got 2 for one plus a tablet free. Unless my name is on as primary user, it won't recognize me. I'm sticking with Windows 7.

jojo47 12-29-2015 09:05 AM

I did try Windows 10 for a short time, but in less than a week did the download back to Windows 7, which is where I'm staying. My laptop works fine, and for the amount of work I use it for, this one should last awhile yet. I do have a desktop upstairs, haven't used it since getting it back from the shop a few years ago (had some problems with an antivirus software that was on it). I like my laptop too well to bring the old one out of retirement!