Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/nov-2011-weight-loss-adventure-winner-susan-t164293.html)

irishrose 10-31-2011 09:57 AM

I'm in. Even if I reach the goal of fitting in my two smallest pair of pants, I need y'all to keep me on track. Our bodies want to gain weight to get us through the coming winter. Hey, body, it's 2011. Most of us have some sort of central heat and we don't need that layer anymore. Which reminds me, I need to get some wood in case the power goes out.

Beachbound, pumpkin muffins make a great breakfast. You can make them lower fat and lower sugar - I find adding a little vanilla to a recipe that doesn't have it allows me to cut down on the sugar. I can't believe most pumpkin muffin recipes. They could pass for cake.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.

Murphy1 10-31-2011 10:01 AM

Fitting into clothes I haven't worn in awhile is the greatest motivation of all. Glad to see you will be here, I enjoy reading your comments. I have a long way to go, so I will be here through 2012 I am sure.

Originally Posted by irishrose
I'm in. Even if I reach the goal of fitting in my two smallest pair of pants, I need y'all to keep me on track. Our bodies want to gain weight to get us through the coming winter. Hey, body, it's 2011. Most of us have some sort of central heat and we don't need that layer anymore. Which reminds me, I need to get some wood in case the power goes out.

nancia 10-31-2011 10:53 AM

it is fun to 'go shopping' in your closet! new things to wear, and no cc bill or out of pocket expense! a 'husband approved' activity!

irishrose 10-31-2011 01:02 PM

I've got no husband and my expendable cash all has to go to Christmas, so new clothing is not an option but there's truly nothing I need. I have way too many clothes and plenty of fabric to make more if I so desire. I also have an ex-husband who doesn't think he's an ex, but that's another story. He just called again.

Anyone headed for a 16 need a bright limey olive pant set? Pants, jacket with 3/4 sleeves and a plaid shell. It's yours for the shipping. Shiny shangtung type fabic so it's a little dressy. Sag Harbor runs large, IMO.

Rita's mom 10-31-2011 02:54 PM

I am in again. I need all the help I can get. I need to stop goofing around and start losing again before I end up gaining what I lost back. :evil:

irishrose 10-31-2011 05:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I forgot to show you my finish from yesterday. It looks better on my GD than on my mirror - she is my only grandchild with my little waistline(past for me). It matches her orange kitchen perfectly.

K's apron medallions are more orange and my wallpaper is more lilac.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]280189[/ATTACH]

mythreesuns 10-31-2011 06:21 PM

I am in for Nov...hope I can do as well in Nov as I did in Oct. Good luck everyone..hope it goes as well as you all want also.

MissyGirl 10-31-2011 06:44 PM

I am in too! (For support only for the newbies that do not know me...I have had weight loss surgery so it would not be fair to the others)

I really really want to be in the 360s SOON. I hope that by increasing my produce and protein in my diet that that will do the trick this month. The inches are melting away but sometimes the poundage stays the same. :(

Anyway...you guys are awesome!

Missy

mim 10-31-2011 06:46 PM

I'm in -- I too need the motivation. I stayed the same this month. I still have 20 pounds to go.

Mim

Podunk Princess 10-31-2011 07:19 PM

I'm in again for this month. Logging in every day to read the posts helps to remind me to eat right and exercise every day. Thanks to everyone for all your kindness and support.