Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   November Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/november-weight-loss-challenge-t256061.html)

meanmom 10-29-2014 07:14 PM

November Weight Loss Challenge

November Weight Loss Challenge

November 2014 Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
On November 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On November 30th, weigh yourself again and PM your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on December 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as wells as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
IN November we have many challenges to weight loss. Leftover Halloween candy, Thanksgiving and Christmas baking.So lets see how we can play with some red FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure is November 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating just post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address.

Jim's Gem 10-29-2014 09:44 PM

I'm in again for November! Got to lose 100 lbs!!!

meganc731 10-29-2014 10:56 PM

I'm in!!

I have to share my great news! I was digging through my off season clothes looking for something for Halloween and I ran across a pile of jeans I forgot I stashed there. Last year I was frustrated that my jeans storage area was really cramped and I was down to only a couple pairs of jeans that fit. I took a bunch out that were too small and put them away so I wouldn't have to be reminded daily. As I was trying on one of the smaller pairs I said I won't cry when these don't fit me yet, but to my amazement not only did they fit, but they fit really well, absolutely no squeezing or pulling :D Doing the happy dance tonight!

PenniF 10-30-2014 08:57 AM

GOOD FOR YOU MEGAN !!!!!!! I'm so looking forward to having a day like that

I'm in again - sent you my FQs ahead of time to keep myself motivated !! :thumbup:

Raggiemom 10-30-2014 01:28 PM

Megan, that's great!

I'm in for November, I'll get a FQ in the mail to you next week. What is December's theme? I might as well include that one as well. I just read that I was supposed to be checking in once a week, I missed that for October! I did read the messages throughout the month but didn't really respond to too much. I'll do better on that this time. And hopefully I'll do better on my weight loss for November too as I definitely didn't lose weight in October :(

jeanne49 10-30-2014 02:07 PM

Count me in again. Didn't do very good this month. Haven't weighed myself in about 3 days - the last time I did I actually gained 1.5 pounds and it wasn't because of Halloween candy, we don't have any around as where we live we don't get trick or treaters. The kids all go over to the really big developments that are near the elementary school.

meanmom 10-30-2014 03:30 PM

The FQ theme for November is red, the theme for December is your choice. Maybe I should weigh myself tomorrow before trick or treat. I usually sit in the driveway and eat candy while I pass it out. We usually get about 150 kids. The weather might be awful tomorrow. It might rain and possibly have a few flakes of snow.
I don't know what was up with my 5 kids I work with at school today. Between Halloween and a substitute teacher I was expecting a stressful day. They were really good. Actually paid attention and answered questions. They were pretty good all day. I don't even need chocolate.

bjsmith57 10-31-2014 04:33 AM

I am in for November - I need to stay on track:)

Pam H 10-31-2014 05:45 AM

I'm in for November. Just 13 lbs to go. If I buckle down I can win all those gorgeous reds! The black/whites I won way back last winter (Jan?) came in handy when getting together my fabrics for the Bonnie Hunter mystery coming up.
Way to go, Megan!

Jim's Gem 10-31-2014 08:02 AM

Congratulations Megan!!! That's really cool! I was able to pull out a pair of capri's that I had not been able to wear since last spring. They are fine if I am moving around but if I sit for a long time, still a little tight in the tummy.
I can also wear my jeans that were too uncomfortable (tight) during the summer.