Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: November Weight Loss Challenge

Blog Entries

November Weight Loss Challenge

November Weight Loss Challenge

November 2014 Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
    On November 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On November 30th, weigh yourself again and PM your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on December 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as wells as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
    IN November we have many challenges to weight loss. Leftover Halloween candy, Thanksgiving and Christmas baking.So lets see how we can play with some red FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure is November 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating just post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address.

I'm in again for November! Got to lose 100 lbs!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

I'm in!!

I have to share my great news! I was digging through my off season clothes looking for something for Halloween and I ran across a pile of jeans I forgot I stashed there. Last year I was frustrated that my jeans storage area was really cramped and I was down to only a couple pairs of jeans that fit. I took a bunch out that were too small and put them away so I wouldn't have to be reminded daily. As I was trying on one of the smaller pairs I said I won't cry when these don't fit me yet, but to my amazement not only did they fit, but they fit really well, absolutely no squeezing or pulling Doing the happy dance tonight!

GOOD FOR YOU MEGAN !!!!!!! I'm so looking forward to having a day like that

I'm in again - sent you my FQs ahead of time to keep myself motivated !!
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Megan, that's great!

I'm in for November, I'll get a FQ in the mail to you next week. What is December's theme? I might as well include that one as well. I just read that I was supposed to be checking in once a week, I missed that for October! I did read the messages throughout the month but didn't really respond to too much. I'll do better on that this time. And hopefully I'll do better on my weight loss for November too as I definitely didn't lose weight in October
    Heather

Count me in again. Didn't do very good this month. Haven't weighed myself in about 3 days - the last time I did I actually gained 1.5 pounds and it wasn't because of Halloween candy, we don't have any around as where we live we don't get trick or treaters. The kids all go over to the really big developments that are near the elementary school.

Blog Entries
    The FQ theme for November is red, the theme for December is your choice. Maybe I should weigh myself tomorrow before trick or treat. I usually sit in the driveway and eat candy while I pass it out. We usually get about 150 kids. The weather might be awful tomorrow. It might rain and possibly have a few flakes of snow.
    I don't know what was up with my 5 kids I work with at school today. Between Halloween and a substitute teacher I was expecting a stressful day. They were really good. Actually paid attention and answered questions. They were pretty good all day. I don't even need chocolate.

I am in for November - I need to stay on track
    bjsmith57

I'm in for November. Just 13 lbs to go. If I buckle down I can win all those gorgeous reds! The black/whites I won way back last winter (Jan?) came in handy when getting together my fabrics for the Bonnie Hunter mystery coming up.
    Way to go, Megan!

Congratulations Megan!!! That's really cool! I was able to pull out a pair of capri's that I had not been able to wear since last spring. They are fine if I am moving around but if I sit for a long time, still a little tight in the tummy.
    I can also wear my jeans that were too uncomfortable (tight) during the summer.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Fortunately for me, candy, especially right now, has no draw on me. I won't be handing out candy tonight but will walk around with my daughter and 2 grands at our church's "Trunk or Treat" Then I will come home and maybe sew.
    I sewed through my finger on Wednesday night while FMQ a charity quilt. It didn't hit bone and it didn't tear out. Just went all the way through and bent and broke the needle. I did not get any blood on the quilt but there is a little spot on the top and another on the bottom of the finger of the Machingers glove. It is still kinda sore. I can type but if I hit the area where the needle went thru, ouch!!!

Blog Entries
    I'm in!!!! Please, everyone, give me some willpower.

Heading to Houston for the Quilt Show -- maybe the walking would of helped but I will have to rent the scooters --Knee and hip bad despite shots from doc. There goes some of my saved fabric/notion money. I will have a black bag with an orange appliqued sun face. Say hi if you see me!
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Hello Ladies, I am in for November. It has been a couple of years since I even posted on the Board, but I'm guilty of lurking and drooling. I've got too much sewing to do to be cyber-social. I participated in this subject 2011- I think - was on the 17 day diet and lost 13# one month. DH & I are currently on cycle 2 - I've not been very faithful. Hoping this will get me back on track as my knees desperately need me to drop some pounds. Besides, I'm going home for Christmas and I'd like to wear something that isn't elastic.

I'm looking forward to making friends with everyone.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
    Megan, that's great!

I'm in for November, I'll get a FQ in the mail to you next week. What is December's theme? I might as well include that one as well. I just read that I was supposed to be checking in once a week, I missed that for October! I did read the messages throughout the month but didn't really respond to too much. I'll do better on that this time. And hopefully I'll do better on my weight loss for November too as I definitely didn't lose weight in October
    Thanks Heather for pointing out about the weekly checking in!!! - i confess that i missed that in the "rules"....I have been reading but did not write much either in October.

OH GOSH Gayle....your needle story gave me goose bumps !!!!! Hope it heals quickly!! and congratulations about those jeans and capris !!

Pete...hope you have a wonderful time at the Houston show!!! I was so hoping maybe to be able to go - my DGD Kylie make a star block for the "Astronomical" quilt and i would so much have loved to see the quilt (s) they finally made and get a photo of her block in the quilt. I'm hoping maybe they'll post something on line after the show - since i expect a lot of people from all over the country contributed but could not get to the show.
    Again..hope you have a really good time.

Gayle! Yikes! That sounds terrible, it's never happened to me and I only heard someone recently mention it, I didn't realize it was even possible. When I was a kid I had a bad habit of getting carried away with the stapler, more than once I stapled my finger, I bet a needle is like that times 10.

We we had the best Halloween but I'll be doing some walking tomorrow. We had a big Halloween party tonight. I had two yummy cocktails and way too many treats. We bought tons of candy and made so much food and I don't think even a third of it was gone. I can't believe how much candy we have left over. I filled one of those giant cauldrons with puppy chow and it was still practically full. Now is when my self control needs to kick in! Oh and we get very few trick or treaters because we live at the top of a steep hill so I always buy full size candy bars at Costco as a reward for the kids that make it up the hill. Usually we have between 5 and 10 kids, this year we had none! My hubby and I decided to make a flashing sign that says candy on it for next year

I'll follow along again this month but won't official join and send fat quarters. Good luck, everyone!

Blog Entries
    I cooked a turkey dinner last night. It was so yummy. Now to get back on track. I also made a pecan pie. I am so glad it is gone. I love pecans. DH is playing poker all day. We are having Chipotle for dinner. DH doesn't like it so we rarely have it. I figured out the WW points for it already. Doesn't leave much for lunch. I guess I will just have a salad. It will be worth it. I love Chipotle.
    There are some really good losses for October don't forget to PM me your loss.

RE: Chipotle....I agree -really love that place too - usually get the rice bowl with chicken, etc - YUM !!! but don't have it often cuz my DH doesn't like it either....strange ...??!!

Mmmmmmm Chipotle! I love it too. I get a salad, skip the rice, use black beans and add extra Pico as my dressing.
    We will be having one open here in my town in a few months. Looking forward to it!

Need to do this as well. Count me in! I need something to help me thru the holidays. Well, I actually need help thru ever day. I not only have a fabric stash, I have a chocolate stash!

Well, I'm off to a good start, since Friday, 10/31, I have lost 1.5 lbs. I really need to get back on track because, unfortunately,I gained weight in Oct. And, it wasn't because of candy, I started drinking soda again and wasn't getting enough water. I have a friend who belongs to a TOPS group and she loses 5 lbs. every month. Of course, she really is overweight but she has a real weakness for sweets - like cakes and cookies. But now she has cut that stuff out, is trying to eat more proteins but one thing she is really good about is drinking a half gallon of water daily. She swears by that. I know that when I am diligent about drinking a lot of water each day I seem to lose the lbs. So for now the Diet WildCherry Pepsi will be taboo until I lose some more weight. Good luck to everyone, can't wait to see who won for Oct.

Blog Entries
    The Chipotle was delicious. I get light rice with chicken, black beans, pico, lots of lettuce and light cheese. If I am eating in I get a little bit of sour cream. If i am bringing it home I put a little bit of FF sour cream on at home.
    I have a chocolate stash too. Right now none of the bags are open so I am stating out of it. I drink a lot of water, unfortunately it makes you spend a lot of time going to the restroom.
    I went to my first yoga class tonight. I really liked the instructor. She made sure I was doing things correctly and watched out for my knees. It was very relaxing.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    PennIF - I also did a block but it was not in a quilt --- it was in a book of quilt blocks (3 ring binders with the plastic protectors over the blocks). There were at least 20 quilts with multiple, and I mean multiple, blocks. Don't know why mine wasn't. Didn't take pictures - sorry. I did turn my block in early (It was a Dolly Madison Star block)and talked to one person who stated she turned hers in the last day and it made it into a quilt. Go figure! There was no explanation as to why some made it and some didn't. There must have been about 6 or more binders full. If anyone knows please share. It was amazing to see so many blocks. Guess we all wanted to say that we had a block in the Quilt Show.

The two winning quilts that were thread painted were AMAZING!! Check out the site for the quilt show to see them. Also had a beautiful display of red and white quilts for the show's 40th (Ruby) anniversary.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Blog Entries
    And the winner for October is Jim"s Gem. With a loss of 10 pounds. Awesome job Gayle. Keep up the good work.
    Pat

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast