Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: November weight loss 2015

Blog Entries

November weight loss 2015

November Weight Loss Challenge 2015
    November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
    On November 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On Novemner 30th, weigh yourself again and PM me your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on December 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.
    You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is encouraged, as wells as what are you working on. Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
    November is starting all of the holiday parties, so we need all the help we can get. The weather should cool down so we can get outside and exercise! So I thought a good FQ theme for November would be pink. We need something bright as the days become darker. So I think it is the month we should try to renew our commitment to weight loss and our health We need to get ready for holiday season. We are all so used to doing for others.Remember sometimes it is ok to put yourself first. So lets see how we can play with some your choice of FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure November 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address. Our FQ theme for November is pink.

I'm in for November.

I am in for November as well!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Here we go!

I am supposed to reach my goal end November. We'll see. I kind of doubt it as I have over 7 lbs to go and the last couple of months I have not lost that much in one month.

I am not sure what I am supposed to do to maintain and am worried. Is there a maintain thread? LOL
    Anna Quilts

I'm in again. I'll have to be really good this month since I'll be going to a 4-day retreat and following that up with Thanksgiving dinner.
    Miss Rita

I'm in again for November. My weight has been up the past 3 months - October the absolute worst. I'd like to blame it on increase hunger since I rode 140 miles, but the truth of it is - my eating/soda drinking is out of control.

I probably wouldn't even bother except I've already sent my FQs.

Best wishes everyone.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

i think I better join, too! I took my parents back to the old homestead 2 weeks ago and have been spiraling ever since. I"m very disappointed in myself. I need to get back to where I was before the holidays get here. Plus- I'm all about pink!!!

Blog Entries
    I went for a 2 mile walk this morning. Most of the area near my house is [pretty level so I don't walk or ride many hills. I have been walking a short path, then the steps that lead to an old cemetary twice then up and down a hill twice. I can walk a long distance but I am out of shape on hills. We are going out of town in the mountains for Thanksgiving. I gotta get in shape so I can go on the hikes. I haven't been able to do most of them the last couple of years because of my knee. Hopefully with the new knee I can do it. I also signed up for a spinning class that starts tomorrow. I hope I survive it.
    Don't forget to PM me your loss for October. I have only heard from 2 people so far.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    I survived my first spinning class. It has been a couple of years and a knee replacement since I have done spinning. I think I did pretty well. I kept up with the class. 17 miles in 50 minutes. Hopefully I will be able to get out of bed in the morning.

meanmom, no October weight loss for me. Just the opposite actually. I agree that you did pretty well in your spin class. DH & I have been riding outdoors in this gorgeous weather, between the rains.

I know it is only the 2nd day of the month, but I've been on course so far. Trying not to let my hunger from riding get out of control. That hasn't been easy.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Blog Entries
    Leann are you eating enough protein? I find protein keeps me full longer. I eat a lot of boiled eggs for snacks. I am a little bit sore from spinning but should be ok for class tomorrow.
    I have been having major computer issues. I took it in for repairs on Sunday. I think it is dead. The cost of repair is pretty high. I'm not sure the computer is worth repairing. Now to talk DH into a new computer. He just recently got a Chromebook. He barely uses a computer so he doesn't get why I need a better one. I really want another Apple computer.

Okay, let's see if I can restart my diet, my focus, my motivation. How can I have such little will power during the day when I want to be so much thinner? I'm in again!
    Enjoy your day,
    Jan used to be in FL when she chose this user name

A fat quarter is not a body part!

Jan, I've been asking myself that same question. I'm hoping that this group will help keep me more focused on my goal.
    Miss Rita

I might find some willpower after talking to my doctor in a couple of weeks about my high triglycerides. It has actually helped a little just from the phone call from the nurse yesterday. The overload of sugar in my diet is the culprit, I'm sure.

Pat, yes, I love hard boiled eggs. They give a great protein punch but I'm most impressed that it staves my hunger for hours. I've started putting a chopped egg on my salad. When I have the patience to make egg salad, I love to roll it in a lettuce wrap.

I made a batch of fudge to take to DS today and didn't even lick the spoon!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Talk about hard boiled eggs.....I saw a diabetic diet on pinterest. My niece who is a nurse pinned it. It had 1 week of menus. There were 25 hard boiled eggs! There was also a lot of grapefruit....maybe a dozen. I hope no one has to stay on that diet for more than a week!

Pam, I don't think I could do that many hard boiled eggs in a week. I am working for a lifestyle change, something sustainable for years; something I can identify where adjustments need to be made without it turning my life inside out. Of course, this means I'll always have to be on alert for everything I eat and how much. Maintenance is hard work.

I'd best get used to it.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Quote Originally Posted by Leann View Post
    Pam, I don't think I could do that many hard boiled eggs in a week. I am working for a lifestyle change, something sustainable for years; something I can identify where adjustments need to be made without it turning my life inside out. Of course, this means I'll always have to be on alert for everything I eat and how much. Maintenance is hard work.

I'd best get used to it.
    Yes this! I can eat everything on my diet but some of it in only tiny quantities. Now to be good and not over eat.
    It is hard.
    Anna Quilts

Just checking in. I am currently working on 15 Christmas quilts for my local NICU. My Bernina is in the shop and I have done all my piecing on my old PFAFF Hoping I get my Bernina back to quilt these little buggers.
    I have been trying really hard to eat well. I can say that I did not consume one single piece of Halloween candy. I have been sitting around the same weight for months. So far I am down 3 lbs since the first. But my weight goes up and down 4 lbs consistently.
    I started therapy for my foot issues on Wednesday I go again today. Because of the pain in my foot I have been over compensating for it for a long time and it is causing real problems with the opposite knee and hip. I can't be on my feet much at all. My therapist wants me to use my cane again but ...... It really slows me down. I don't like using it so have not been. We'll see what he says today.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    I am late posting. Computer issues. I kept thinking I would get a PM from more people of their loss for October. I guess I am the winner with a loss of 6 pounds for October.
    Hopefully buying a new computer today. I am taking a landscape quilt class today and plan to go get a computer afterwards.

Yay meanmom! Congratulations on a great job! Enjoy your pretty fabrics!

Good luck with your computer.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    I am late posting. Computer issues. I kept thinking I would get a PM from more people of their loss for October. I guess I am the winner with a loss of 6 pounds for October.
    Hopefully buying a new computer today. I am taking a landscape quilt class today and plan to go get a computer afterwards.
    That brings a smile to my face. A big congrats meanmom! I am so glad you won.
    Anna Quilts

Congratulations Meanmom! on your loss

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone. I really didn't think it was enough to win. I also thought I would kill my whole loss with the Halloween candy I ate.
    I bought new computer today. A Mac air. I am still in the process of setting it up but I am using it right now. It is so nice. I need to figure out some things on it still and still need to figure out how to get a few things off of my old one. I didn't really need a new printer but could get a better one than I had for $29 so I got that too. I just took it out of the box a few minutes ago. I guess I will need to download Adobe etc.
    I need to head to the basement to spray baste a quilt. I really wanted to have it finished by Tuesday night for my guild meeting. One of the officers challenges for this year was to make a snowman project Mine is a whole quilt. Something that I have had the supplies for several years. I will have to post a picture when it is finished.
    Good luck everyone. This is the hardest time of the year. It seems everything for the next 2 months involves tons of food.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    Good luck everyone. This is the hardest time of the year. It seems everything for the next 2 months involves tons of food.
    Indeed and I feel like I could eat everything. Why does cold weather make you so hungry?
    Anna Quilts

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast