October weight loss 2015

Old 09-29-2015, 07:24 PM

Default October weight loss 2015

October Weight Loss Challenge 2015
October Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
On October 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On October 31st, weigh yourself again and PM me your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on November 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.
You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as wells as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
October is the beginning of Fall and a beautiful season. The weather should cool down so we can get outside and exercise! So I thought a good FQ theme for October would be Christmas so we have time to sew them up for Christmas gifts. So I think it is the month we should try to renew our commitment to weight loss and our health We need to get ready for fall season and the beginning of the holidays. We are all so used to doing for others.Remember sometimes it is ok to put yourself first. So lets see how we can play with some your choice of FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure October 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address. Our FQ theme for October is Christmas.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:31 PM

The FQ theme for the next 3 months is October - Christmas, November-Pink, December- black and white. Good luck everyone!
Pat
Old 09-29-2015, 08:57 PM
Power Poster

I am in. I have the FQs ready and plan to ship this coming weekend.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:05 AM

I am in, also. I am not as efficient as Anna, and do not have my FQs ready, but my goal is to have them in the mail on Friday.

Best wishes to everyone for October. I gained in September, mostly the past week as I deal with family crisis. I need to devise a strategy to battle emotional eating. I mean, eating a celery stick instead of a cookie/chips/little chocolate donuts - thats STILL eating, right? I gotta convince my body to accept better choices that propel me to my weight loss goals.

Here is to a STRONG October. (This is my favorite month of the year!)
Old 09-30-2015, 12:11 PM
Power Poster

I like your attitude Leann. wishing you a great month of October. Doesn't it seem like just eating "bad" for a week or so will take weeks to correct? I even think one meal might cost me a whole week of no weight gain. These last 15 lbs seem to want to stay with me but I am determined to get them off if it takes another 1/2 year.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:08 PM

I'm back......after more than a year of bad eating and gaining back half of the weight I lost, it's time to stop and get my act together. Maybe if I'm accountable for my actions to someone it will help with the effort. This yo-yo cycle needs to be stopped once and for all. Hopefully I can get my husband to join in so cooking meals and shopping for food will be easier. Low carb works for us so that' my plan again this time. This time of the year is the worst for me....from the time the Halloween candy hits the stores through the holidays.....so here we go again! Looking forward to getting to know everyone (again) on this thread. I'll be sending in my FQ's for the next 3 months as an incentive to stick with it!
Old 10-01-2015, 01:28 AM

I am trying again. I hope this month is better than last! Thanks again!
Old 10-01-2015, 11:42 AM

I am in for October. I am leaving town on vacation tomorrow getting back the 9th I will try to get my FQ's out when I get back. No way can I fit it into my day today.
Really really hoping I do much better this month. I have waisted the summer (literally)

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 10-01-2015, 02:21 PM

Hang in there, Anna. The end is tough going. That being said, I dropped two pounds last week, so I only have two to go. Can't recommend 2 1/2 hours of yoga in one day, but it did drop those pounds and did my body no harm. I did it two Tuesdays in a row trying to decide whether to switch classes. I've decided so now I can back to an hour, thank goodness.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:05 AM

I am in for October. Don't know how that will go. We leave this afternoon for China for my son's wedding. Get home the 12th. Leave the 15th for my daughter's wedding in France. Then a trip to Iowa to visit family. Then a quilt retreat. I will only be home 8 days in October! I will try to get my fq's mailed out between China and France.