Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: October weight loss 2015

I've not heard of Hungry Girl before. I'll check that out. I need some new/fresh ideas. Dieting for long periods of time gets very boring and uninteresting and then I "branch out" and eat forbidden foods which leads to weight gain instead of loss. Thanks for all the ideas.
    Miss Rita

Blog Entries
    Hungry Girl is a weight watcher. SHe give WW points in her recipes. She had a recipe a while ago for a Big Mac salad that I really like. I haven't made it in ages. Sometimes she is a little bit weird. She used to have a show on Food Network. I don;t think it is on any more.
    I got my new car today. A jeep Cheroke. I finally got my DH to go out with me I had it narrowed down to 3 cars. He didn't like the Honda or the Buick.I got to drive it home today. Hopefully my DS will wax it for me tomorrow.
    Not a good day eating. I had en egg sandwich for breakfast, with cheese.We had fried chicken strips for lunch and I ate a bag of Cheeto's. Chipotle for dinner and a brownie. I will be better tomorrow.

Just a quickie hello. I've been having internet problems. For some reason, my brand new laptop can't maintain a connection.

Hugs
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    Hungry Girl is a weight watcher. SHe give WW points in her recipes. She had a recipe a while ago for a Big Mac salad that I really like. I haven't made it in ages. Sometimes she is a little bit weird. She used to have a show on Food Network. I don;t think it is on any more.
    I got my new car today. A jeep Cheroke. I finally got my DH to go out with me I had it narrowed down to 3 cars. He didn't like the Honda or the Buick.I got to drive it home today. Hopefully my DS will wax it for me tomorrow.
    Not a good day eating. I had en egg sandwich for breakfast, with cheese.We had fried chicken strips for lunch and I ate a bag of Cheeto's. Chipotle for dinner and a brownie. I will be better tomorrow.
    I must say it sounds all delicious. My day went well for a change, lower calorie intake, but I did need one of my bad comfort foods, Sees butterscotch lollipop. This is not good for my glycemic index. We'll see what the scale and my blood sugar think of it tomorrow.
    Anna Quilts

I am new here so just wondering what an fq is??

Nancy, a FQ is a fat quarter - 1/4 yard of fabric made by cutting a half yard in half. 18"x21-22". The people on this thread can join the contest by posting their intention by the 5th of the month and sending meanmom their fat quarter. Some of us follow and only join when the weight starts sneaking up. For me, it was a great incentive when I had pounds to lose. I rejoined in August when I needed to lose a few. (August was batiks). Recipes are shared, encouragement given, a sounding board offered, plus other benefits. All in all a win-win situation.

Pat, it all sounds good. I just went to a local Guatemalan restaurant with my son. Fajita salad. His burrito looked good, too. Off to take the dogs to the dog park, then a bike ride to work it off.

I have been having back problems for the past 3 or 4 weeks. I finally let the doctor give me a steroid shot AND I just finished a steroid dose pack. I have heard that steroids make you gain weight. I have been so extra careful with what I have been eating and I have made sure to drink extra water. I have not gained any, but I have not lost an ounce. I wonder how long the effects of steroids stay in your system. Has anyone had experience with this? I was doing well last month and am still sticking with it. I have told myself that I have to be more stubborn than the steroids!
    Enjoy your day,
    Jan used to be in FL when she chose this user name

A fat quarter is not a body part!

This is my winning for September. Thank you everybody
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, that's quite a collection of blues! That's sure an incentive to lose me some pounds this month. Congratulations on your win.
    Miss Rita

Those blues sure are pretty. I don't even remember which one was mine.
    I am back from China. The trip home went much better since I got some compression stockings. Today I had a massage and she worked on my lymphatic system so I am hoping by morning I will be rid of the rest of the water I am retaining. The trip was very good and the wedding was beautiful but this fluid retention was unbelievable. I lost 3 lbs from yesterday morning to this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by beckyw View Post
    This is my winning for September. Thank you everybody
    Indeed wow! That is a nice collection. Well deserved. Enjoy!
    Anna Quilts

Wow Becky! That should serve as inspiration for the rest of us to work harder! Congrats on your win.

Pat, just fyi - put my FQs in the mail just now.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Haven't been on the board since late Spring, and unfortuntely I gained weight and am so disappointed in myself. I knew I was eating food that I shouldn't have been and now I am paying the price. I don't want to buy bigger clothes but unfortunately none of my pants close, at least not easily. It's too late in Oct. to join for this month, but I am trying to knock a few pounds. I have to keep telling myself NO NO NO when i look at certain foods - like cookies!! I also have a sensitivity to gluten and have to watch out for that nasty item. I tried getting on my scale a couple of weeks ago, but the batteries were dead and I had to go get some. Got them, but afraid to put them in. I know I am going to really kick myself when I see the number on the readout. Good luck to everyone this month.

jeanne, take away the negative and find something you can have. None of us likes to be told "No." Two little gluten free crackers eaten very slowly at the table, followed by one Dove dark chocolate will take away the craving without much damage. The crackers and chocolate both break up to nibble slowly. Eating standing in the kitchen is a killer for me. Those calories DO count. I like Blue Diamond multi-seed Artisan Nut-Thins right now. Each cracker is less than 2 grams of carbs and 10 calories. I have to be low carb to lose weight - counting calories doesn't work for me. Eating at the table, preferably with a favorite placemat makes it more satisfying, IMO.

Becky, pretty blues. You deserve them. Good luck to all contenders this month. Tomorrow evening will be halfway. Remember to buy a Halloween candy you don't care for to remove that temptation.

Where is everyone?
    Jan, I never found injected steroids caused any weight gain, though I haven't had many. Medrol pacs were an automatic 15 pound gain which took months to lose. I dislike the word steroid since I received the contaminated ones. Obviously, I survived, but I was sick for 18 months. I also dislike getting mail from lawyers about the class action suite. The company conveniently declared bankruptcy so there will never be a settlement. Let it be!

I will be out of town but back just before the end of the month. The weight loss is very slow go. I am down but at this rate it will take me months to shed these last 10-15 lb. Steroids are my enemy and made me gain but hopefully you feel better so you can get more activities in.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Having a crazy weekend here. I received 3 FQ packs in the mail today but havent opened them . I will post tomorrow or Monday who I received them from. My house is a disaster area and my sons inlaws are coming to dinner tomorrow. They are here visiting from Japan. I have been sick all week. Just a cold that isn't that bad but I am so tired I haven't done a thing. I didn't get anything done last weekend either since I have had the cold since then.
    I made Cincinnati style chili for dinner. For dessert I made a white velvet cake with raspberry filling and raspberry cream cheese icing. I don't even want to calculate the calories. Tons of butter and cream cheese.
    Back on track on Monday.

I had to work the last 3 days so got a lot of "steps" in while doing that. I'm on my feet the whole time I'm there so that helps burn a lot of calories too. Trying to cut portion sizes and watch what I eat so I can get some of these pounds back off. Going to spend some time this coming week getting ready for my next quilting retreat in November. Lots of projects to pre-cut and kit up so I'll have plenty to keep me busy while I'm there.
    Miss Rita

I am also in for October. Lets hope to reduce the weight on time as its a hardest thing to control on diet.

Blog Entries
    I received FQ for 3 months from Podunk princess, Pam H and LeAnn. They are really pretty I need to behave myself.
    My weekend guests from Japan were great. We had lots of fun and a good time talking. Their English is ok but my DIL had to translate some. They really liked the Cincinnati style. chili. There was leftover cake but I took it to work so now it is gone. I thought about going for a bike ride tonight but all I did was think about it. I need to find a way to get in some exercise. I am thinking about going to a spinning class. It is starting to get dark so early.

I am truly disgusted with myself. I don't seem to care what I eat - zilch self-restraint.

I've ridden my bike 103 miles in these hills this month. Makes me all the more hungry!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

We got home from France this evening. My body doesn't know what time or even what day it is! My knee is giving me fits. Time to get it checked out.

I seem to be on the same "page" as Leann. Can't seem to keep it going every time I start being good. I've got to find something/someone to blame it on other than myself! Hopefully this next week will be better.
    Miss Rita

Here is a list of things to help with self sabotage. Hope it is helpful to some of you (and me).

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/sabota...Mblm0LgLXhM%3D

Blog Entries
    Today was a stressful day at school. The 2nd grade teacher said she thought the kids were making her extra nuts because she has PMS. I told her it had nothing to do with her PMS they were all acting nuts today. Talking, out of their seats, extra needy and my student was a pain. I had to remove him from the room several times. Right before lunch he was whining about something and was mad. He acted like he was going to shove the cart that had all of the computers etc to run the Smart board. He was charging towards it and I stopped him. In the cafeteria he screammed and cried for 20 minutes. I had passed him off at that point to the teacher who is supposed to be teaching him social skills. (she isn't teaching him anything) Michelle, his regular teacher is wonderful We talked about him at lunch and she said, you know he is going to try to hurt one of us some day. I said ,I know. Not sure what to do with him. She is going to meet with the principal about him.
    I went for a bkie ride after work. The weather here is beautiful.It was 80 degrees today, at least 10 or 15 degrees above normal. I only got to ride 12 miles since it gets dark early. It is so hard to force myself to do it but I do feel so much better afterwards. Both knees have been stiff lately from lack of exercise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast