Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: November Weight Loss Challenge

Blog Entries
    Let me know how the Synvisc works. My Rheumy was talking about it. Made a huge pot of roasted root veggies (brussel sprouts, parsnips, mushrooms, carrots, rutabaga, red onion, and a few small red potatoes) to nibble on all week. Love them and lucky for me no one else does. We are cold here...sweater weather and cuddling under a quilt time. Stay warm, my friends!
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Blog Entries
    We got about 5 inches of snow last night. No school today:-) I had my dr appointment today for a synvisc-one shot. He also added some cortisone. The last 2 times he added cortisone I could hardly walk out of his office, but it was fine the next morning. It feels good this time. A little bit stiff but not sore. Hopefully it will ok tomorrow since we are going on a field trip with lots of walking. I have never had pain with the shot other than from the cortisone. It is going down to 10 tonight with windchill in the morning below zero. I will have to wear my heavy coat for bus duty. 30 minutes out in that is COLD.
    I received a FQ yesterday from Raggiemom, very pretty. Pete what do you put on your roasted veggies? I am looking for different ideas. I love them. We had roasted brussel sprouts Sunday, with salmon. My DS loves them, DH won't eat them.
    I made a purse for my mom for Christmas. I don't like how it came out. I can't decide if I should rip or just start over. I have enough fabric to make another. I was too frustrated to think about it the other night. Now that it has been in time out for a couple of days maybe I can stand to look at it again.
    Pat

Wow!! I have been going non-stop for the last 2 weeks. Getting quilts done to donate, for gifts. Baby dedication, all kinds of family in town (which I had to drive 220 miles round trip to pick up) Fed my small group (16 people) dinner etc.... I am exhausted.
    The weight is going up and down a pound or two. I am level, basically, from where I was on the 1st (I really need to lose more )
    Got the fat quarters yesterday. They are beautiful!! thank you!
    Ok, so now I'm off to run errands while the house gets cleaned

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    I received 2 FQ today from Leann. Nov and Dec

Good morning,

JimsGem, I am exhausted to just read all that you have done.

meanmom, glad to see my FQs arrived safely. Be safe in all that snow.

Gonna do a 'reset' today to get my week on a better route. I have to rip out and re-piece a back. I took my kid back to campus last night, freeing me from keeping him fed. DH is not happy with me - I'm sure he will let me know what I've done that has him so bent out of shape.

And I simply can't believe that next week is Thanksgiving. I really do have so much to be thankful for!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Blog Entries
    I hope everyone's week is going well. I'm trying something different - ordered some organic vegetables online last week which are delivered right to my door, apparently they are harvested 1 day before delivery. Received my produce last Friday and I must say I was impressed by the variety, freshness and the friendliness of the founder of this enterprise - who also delivered my basket. This has forced me to eat more greens (I can't let them go bad, right?) and to try new recipes. Because being from Canada, I have never bought or eaten collard greens. I found what looked to be a great recipe called 'kickin collard greens', on the internet of course. But I got busy looking at photos on this QB (addictive!) and they burnt. Ooops. I tasted them anyway, and concluded that they would have been delicious had I not burned them. I could just tell, even though they were black, I could taste their potential yumminess.

My basket contained fresh lemongrass and thai basil. I've been using them to infuse my drinking water - it smells so fresh - makes me drink lots more water. And I made a chicken dish with the lemongrass as well - without burning it.

Have you ever had mandarine lemons? You all should give them a go. They are orange inside! And green outside. I never would have guessed they were lemons if I hadn't been told so. In my basket of goodness was also some lavender. No, not for making soap. Culinary lavender. So back to the internet, did a search on lemon and lavender together - and voila - lavender infused lemonade. Deeelicious. Probably not so good for the waistline (or in my case the butt-line) because there was a goodly amount of sugar in it. I've made 2 batches up already.

I also did something a little naughty with the kale. I'll tell you about that tomorrow.
    Valerie

Valerie, all those fresh local veggies and fruits sound amazing. And so exotic! I wouldn't know what to do with them either. We won't have any fresh local veggies here for 7 months. I'm sure you remember what that is like being from Canada. I read a book about a woman from the US moving to Panama and becoming a coffee farmer. Made me want to go visit there.

I'm back!! I missed this board while I was away! We went to California to for a wedding and then a trip to Disneyland. I tried really hard to stick to my diet but finally decided I couldn't keep it up while I was away. Especially after my first day in Disney, I was so tired! I needed carbs to get through it! I also struggled with our Halloween leftovers from our party. I made so much food and hardly any of it was touched. I was so worried what the scale would say when I got home but I was pleased to see I only went up a couple pounds. It's come back off already and I'm a smidge under my weigh in at the end of October. Thank goodness! Looking forward to being back on here regularly
    Last edited by meganc731; 11-21-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Thought I'd drop in and see what was happening with you ladies. I am enjoying a "knock your fanny outta bed" thunderstorm at the moment, otherwise I'd be quilting. We may have these storms all day. I'm always WAY leery of having my sewing machine plugged in during storms. After lunch, I'll cut out my pillowcase pieces. I still have lots to do to be ready for Christmas.

I've had some progress this week - my machine will sew a straight stitch, so I've been quilting my son's queen size quilt. Also did a little piecing for my next quilt. My goal is to have my son's completely finished by Tuesday, when he comes home for Thanksgiving. I hate to rush through sewing down the binding, I love that part.

My eating could be much better, but I have cut back a lot. DH wants Subway for lunch, but then we will have fish and fresh green beans for dinner. His doctor put him on meds to control his blood pressure yesterday, so he has started re-thinking his eating.

Weight. My nemesis. Mindlessly piles on, takes diligence to remove it. Have a great weekend.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Today was the sale at my church. This is the first year they have rented tables to crafters. I sold most of my table runners and toppers. None of my 6 baby quilts and only 2 of the 16 burp cloths sold. At least I can use those as gifts some day. Last night while I was trying to hurry and finish the burp cloths my serger stopped serging. I don't have a clue how to fix it. Had to finish them with an edge stitch on my regular machine. Took forever!
    I haven't been exercising. Last week I didn't earn any activity points. So bad. I think I'm going to stop going to WW since Allie is so disruptive by talking too loud. I have some friends taking classes at the Y. That probably wouldn't cost anymore than WW per month. They have a drop in nursery too.
    Lynne, I hear you about the weight thing. You can work hard for a month and maybe lose 4 lbs. Then you can easily gain it back in one reckless weekend.

Blog Entries
    I so agree with you guys about how hard it is to lose weight and how easy it is to gain it. I had a pleasant surprise at WW this morning, I was down a pound. I was expecting a gain. I babysat my 7 month old granddaughter this evening. Thanks to her I have 12000 steps today. She cried for 3 hours. The only way she would not cry so hard was when I paced the floor. I walked circles around their house half of the evening. I'm not used to lugging that weight around though. My DIL left dinner for me. I'm not sure I want to know the calorie count. Japanese style hamburgers and fried rice. It was delicious. Probably really high in sodium too. I ate it all.
    I stopped at the LQS this morning since they had rulers 40% off. I never get rulers on sale here. The owner wanted to know what project I was buying the rulers for. When I told her she talked me into teaching the class. It is a 10 month BOM. The quilt is Jaybird quilts Gravity . THe fabric doesn't even come out until Feb 28. I hope I didn't get in over my head. She is also trying to talk me into teaching Hexagon Shuffle. I'm not sure I want to teach that many classes.

Blog Entries
    Thanksgiving is in just a few days and I think I am coming down with a cold...horrors. Am drinking lots of tea and honey.

Hope you all have a great day!
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

This past week was crazy busy...so many projects to get finished.....it was nice to stop by and catch up.
    Wishing everyone good luck this week !! I am going to try really hard to mind my Ps & Qs and keep on track.....

I think it's quite a compliment that you were asked to teach a class (classes)!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday - be safe and enjoy yourselves.
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I think I'd better get back in the game for December. I'll send a FQ in soon, Pat.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. I think everything I ate yesterday was a carbohydrate. I was trying to type just c a r b but autocorrect kept changing it to crab! We did some online shopping yesterday so today I have no excuse to not get back in the sewing room. Well, I do want to start decorating

Just a few more days to lose as much as possible!
    Heather

I hope everyone is well and warm and not getting too much snow or rain. For me, there is no such thing as too much rain; which is why I love the Pacific NW so much.

I got my shopping done from the weekend ads. Between being on my feet as I cooked and being on my feet as I trolled in Walmart, my knees just about have me shut down. What an exhausting day. I have been successful on the crafty front - got a fabric basket made, plus two pillowcases; also put trim on two minky throws. I still have lots to do, but I am gonna rest today.

My mom just emailed me and told me not to get them anything for Christmas because they don't need or want anything. We will be spending Christmas week with them - and I bet these two quilts I have made for them get used. For not being a quilter, Mom says you can't have too many quilts!

Be safe my friends!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Blog Entries
    I just posted the December thread. Don't forget to head over there and sign up. The internet service here is off and on. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Time to get back on track and behave ourselves. I have quite a few FQ for December at home already. I will post the names when I get home. The FQ theme for December is your choice. December Weight Loss Challenge

Blog Entries
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...e-t257501.html
    Don't forget to sign up and PM me your weight loss for December.

Blog Entries
    The winner for November is Jeanne49, with a loss of 8.25 pounds. Congratulations and great job.
    Pat

Congrats, Jeanne! That is an awesome loss!

Nice work, Jeanne49!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3