Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Off Topic -raise your hand .......etc etc (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/off-topic-raise-your-hand-etc-etc-t41187.html)

BKinCO 03-30-2010 11:58 AM

Tired, yes. But I don't know which one to be more disappointed in.....

stitchinwitch 03-30-2010 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Turn off the tv. It's amazing all the things you don't hear about with that thing off and it's easy to pick and choose what news items to read on the internet.

Sometimes its hard when there is more than one person in the house.

BellaBoo 03-30-2010 03:55 PM

There is no shame anymore. Everyone says he/she is just doing what is normal, they shrug and say who cares. The moral outrage , I guess, is saved for ....what?

starlight 03-30-2010 04:00 PM

Both arms up and waving.

renee765 03-30-2010 05:46 PM

Ditto

Chasing Hawk 03-30-2010 05:53 PM

Shocking part of it all is.....

How we even know any of this, aren't we suppose to be chained to our machines slaving away making pretty things?

Charity Quilter 03-30-2010 05:58 PM

I'm all for t.v. 'fasting'. Don't watch it, but get enough of the 'headlines' on the computer. Gossip, gossip, gossip....that's all it is.

Moonpi 03-30-2010 06:14 PM

lol - I am tired of tramps claiming THEY deserve apologies from those cheating scoundrals! Was I asleep the day they made homewrecking a national sport?

stitchinwitch 03-30-2010 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
There is no shame anymore. Everyone says he/she is just doing what is normal, they shrug and say who cares. The moral outrage , I guess, is saved for ....what?

I KNOW I am gonna sound like an old fogey - but "back in MY day" sleeping around was NOT acceptable, guys did NOT wear their jeans on the ground, kids COULD respect their elders. the WAS a moral majority, cartoons did NOT teach to ridicule others, dinner was family time and everyone had to be there. Tatoos and body piercings were worn by gangsters (a BAD name) and hoodlums only. How did we get from THERE to HERE??

sharon b 03-30-2010 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch

Originally Posted by BellaBoo

I KNOW I am gonna sound like an old fogey - but "back in MY day" sleeping around was NOT acceptable, guys did NOT wear their jeans on the ground, kids COULD respect their elders. the WAS a moral majority, cartoons did NOT teach to ridicule others, dinner was family time and everyone had to be there. Tatoos and body piercings were worn by gangsters (a BAD name) and hoodlums only. How did we get from THERE to HERE??

Here.. Here... I agree with you.. Sadly, as for the answer on how to fix I have no clue