Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Off Topic -raise your hand .......etc etc (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/off-topic-raise-your-hand-etc-etc-t41187.html)

Edie 04-09-2010 06:52 AM

He definitely is not a hero. But I can forgive one time. Fool me once. He was a person to look up to, but he was not a hero. He can still redeem himself and be a person to look up to, but there is more to a person to be a hero. A hero is someone who risks his life to save another life. He doesn't even qualify.
That's it! Edie

Elisabrat 04-09-2010 07:05 AM

I was tired the second it came out. Private stupid business amongst those who acted. Period. Let them deal with it. Its not NEWS and its beyond idiotic to keep it up

Elisabrat 04-09-2010 07:05 AM

I was tired the second it came out. Private stupid business amongst those who acted. Period. Let them deal with it. Its not NEWS and its beyond idiotic to keep it up

Debra Mc 04-09-2010 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Edie
He definitely is not a hero. But I can forgive one time. Fool me once. He was a person to look up to, but he was not a hero. He can still redeem himself and be a person to look up to, but there is more to a person to be a hero. A hero is someone who risks his life to save another life. He doesn't even qualify.
That's it! Edie

I totally agree Edie. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edie 04-09-2010 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc

Originally Posted by Edie
That's it! Edie

I totally agree Edie. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you!!!!! Edie (I do so appreciate knowing that sometimes I do not talk through my nose, but that I can contribute with some of my thoughts - which at my age are running rampant! )

Chasing Hawk 04-09-2010 08:51 PM

If we are all tired of hearing about these two. Then why is there 6 pages of it? :shock:

Edie 04-10-2010 02:15 AM

That's It! Edie

Mousie 04-10-2010 04:02 AM

I don't watch television except for quilting shows and I am doing very well if I manage to make it through all three without falling asleep...
BUT, as a defender of all underdogs, what I do hear just makes me feel sad. It's hard to defend someone that messes up big time, but I know underneath they are just human beings like the rest of us.
We like to think WE wouldn't have eaten the apple, but don't be so sure.
How many of us having money coming out our wazoo, ppl throwing themselves at us left and right, say you want something and somebody hands it to you? When you live like this 24/7 it changes your thinking and perspectives and clouds what's important, like QUILTING! jmho :mrgreen:

Mousie 04-10-2010 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
If we are all tired of hearing about these two. Then why is there 6 pages of it? :shock:

LOL, that thought occurred to me too! :lol:

ToucanSam 04-10-2010 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
We are also still hearing about Michael Jackson........Gee wizz. Walter Cronkite died the same year and we don't hear about him every 8 minutes.

Because Walter Cronkite reported real news. We seem to be living in a country where ignorance of news and politics is bliss, and reading celebrity gossip is the preferred way to ' be infomed'.