Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Oh Maaaaan! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/oh-maaaaan-t83202.html)

Abby'smom 12-17-2010 03:40 PM

hope everything is ok now

NUTMEG10 12-17-2010 03:49 PM

Good luck. I have had both eyes done and they told me at the time to not rub my eyes at all. I guess there is a reason why. I am very careful even when I wash my eye area. I hope everything works out for you.

gramquilter2 12-17-2010 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson

Originally Posted by pab
Good luck with the M.D. visit. I didnt know this could happen.My husband had a stitch left in tho and kept itching the eye. Finally went back to the doc and stitch removed,no more problem. pab

pab: Actually, he didn't need to use stitches. He used a new method which only make a minute slit and then inserts a syring-type needle and emulsifies the catact, sucks it out and inserts the new implant. I was awake through both operations and never had a problem.

I had 1 eye done this same way, was never told not to rub my eye though. Guess I'd better stop. Good luck with yours.

damaquilts 12-17-2010 05:33 PM

This is good to know. I have to make an appointment with the eye doctor. I Think I am getting a cataract will find out then. Next months check goes to the doctor and the dog. lol

galvestonangel 12-17-2010 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson

Originally Posted by pab
Good luck with the M.D. visit. I didnt know this could happen.My husband had a stitch left in tho and kept itching the eye. Finally went back to the doc and stitch removed,no more problem. pab

pab: Actually, he didn't need to use stitches. He used a new method which only make a minute slit and then inserts a syring-type needle and emulsifies the catact, sucks it out and inserts the new implant. I was awake through both operations and never had a problem.

I had mine done about 3 years ago the same way, I think, because I did not have stitches. And they told us at the time that a problem could arise with the plastic that holds the lens in until it attaches. And over the past year and a half I have been losing vision. I even got glasses. It got so bad by last month, I could not read the computer, everything looked faded. I had my right eye done about 2 weeks ago and the world opened up, I can see. I hope to have the other eye done after Xmas. It is a 5 minute procedure, the dr. uses a laser to burn it off. No pain. During this same time I had itching also, it was from dryness. Just something to be aware of, I am told it does not happen to every one.

jojosnana 12-17-2010 06:02 PM

Hope the drops work and the doc visit is all good news. Let us know the results.

jellyrollnut 12-17-2010 07:24 PM

I actually did not know that could happen, kind of scary. Have to tell my friend to not rub her eyes.

katcincinnati 12-17-2010 07:25 PM

Prayers are with you.

Pins n' Ndls 12-17-2010 07:53 PM

Dr. never told me anything about rubbing my eye after my cataract surgery! Live and learn. So glad I found the people on this board, wonderful people. Now I have macro retinal aneurysm in my left eye. Had a procedure done 6 weeks ago and had it again last week. Back in 5 weeks for checkup and will possibly have to do the laser. Procedure consisted of an injection ( medicine ) directly into my eye. Awake all through it , Wasn't bad at all. Uncomfortable for a day or two after.

bjnicholson 12-17-2010 08:53 PM

Sorry I didn't back to you. I was (guess what?) sewing all day!! My eye cleared up last night before I went to bed and when I got up it was all gone! Whew :!: :!: I cancelled my appointment and chastised myself heartedly :roll: