Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Oh my what a day! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/oh-my-what-day-t49031.html)

quiltinghere 06-09-2010 05:59 PM

Congratulations on the clearing job!

Sometimes things just have to be done "when we're in the mood"!

Waiting for "the mood" so my basement can get done.

reach for the stars 2 06-09-2010 06:02 PM

Sounds like you made a lot of progress today.

craftybear 06-09-2010 06:02 PM

wow, glad you got your areas looking better, I bet you found somethings that you didn't know you had

MistyMarie 06-09-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
wow, glad you got your areas looking better, I bet you found somethings that you didn't know you had

I did. I found the letter my grandmother (who passed away last year) wrote me when I graduated from college. I also found her hand-written recipes for divinity and for cream cheese candy. My grandmother was a professional candy maker and cake decorator, so finding her personal recipes that she wrote out for me made me cry. My mom said she thinks I am the only one in the family that has those recipes. Those mementos were worth all the effort to clean up that space. (I also found my HS diploma, my college diploma, and my graduate diploma! I wondered what I did with them.)

Jim's Gem 06-09-2010 06:11 PM

Congrats for getting the place cleaned up. I know I have done some similar things looking for the "whatever" I know that I have.

cindygale 06-09-2010 06:13 PM

look at the treasures you found...and a nice clean organized storage room...great feeling i bet.. :-D

JoanneS 06-09-2010 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie

Originally Posted by craftybear

I did. I found the letter my grandmother (who passed away last year) wrote me when I graduated from college. I also found her hand-written recipes for divinity and for cream cheese candy. My grandmother was a professional candy maker and cake decorator, so finding her personal recipes that she wrote out for me made me cry. My mom said she thinks I am the only one in the family that has those recipes. Those mementos were worth all the effort to clean up that space. (I also found my HS diploma, my college diploma, and my graduate diploma! I wondered what I did with them.)

Wow! And all this because you decided to look for some fabric for another quilter! Is this a great place or what!!!!!

MistyMarie 06-09-2010 07:16 PM

That is so true. I wouldn't have even begun the project without that motivation. I am bummed that I didn't find the fabric, however. I have houseguests the next few days, so I won't have much time to look. :cry:

charismah 06-09-2010 10:19 PM

well there is purpose!

littlehud 06-10-2010 05:59 AM

That sounds like quite a day. Buy you have a wonderful cleaned up room. I bet you need a nap.