Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Oh my what a day! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/oh-my-what-day-t49031.html)

MistyMarie 06-09-2010 03:24 PM

I was on the board earlier this morning and I was reading a post about not having enough of a certain fabric to put scallops on a quilt and I KNOW I have the fabric somewhere in my stash... so down to my fabric/guest room and after about fifteen minutes of looking, cannot find it, so I go to our storage room to start digging. Well, I got angry... angry at myself for not cleaning the storage area. I used to have to store all my fabric in there when we had our nephew living with us, but now that I have my guest room back, I started organizing my fabric. Over the last year, my husband and I have just used the storage area as a dumping ground for boxes, outgrown kids' clothes, et cetera, along with my fabric I haven't taken out of totes yet. SEVEN HOURS later, I emerge. My dh is going to have a heart attack, he will be so thrilled. At the back of our storage room is his reloading area. He has had to weave himself a path through all the mess for the last two years to his mancave.

(We put the show "Hoarders" to shame with our storage room... I kid you not!) I am exhausted, but cannot wait until he gets home to show him. (I am still in my PJs... guess I better go get cleaned up!)

BTW... didn't find the fabric, so now I am going to clean out the guest room closet. I KNOW I have some of that fabric!!!!

MamaBear61 06-09-2010 03:26 PM

Sounds like you accomplished alot today. You deserve an "atta girl".

thequilterslink 06-09-2010 03:33 PM

congrats! I am plowing my way thru my sewing area, trying to make things easy to find, rough job lol

JudyG 06-09-2010 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by thequilterslink
congrats! I am plowing my way thru my sewing area, trying to make things easy to find, rough job lol

I am plowing my way through my sewing room trying to make a path so I can get to my sewing machines :lol: :lol:

amma 06-09-2010 04:06 PM

Good for you!!! What a great accomplishment and you are making DH happy too :D:D:D

mary quite contrary 06-09-2010 04:08 PM

Good job!!!

CarrieAnne 06-09-2010 04:57 PM

Yeah!

Pam 06-09-2010 05:15 PM

I need some help in the basement. Are you game?

amandasgramma 06-09-2010 05:21 PM

Wow -- you deserve MORE than an "atta girl"...how about a drink!!!! :)

MistyMarie 06-09-2010 05:35 PM

I've got my sweet iced tea right beside me. (I promised my kids I would jump on the trampoline after dinner... so now I REALLY am exhausted!)

My dh came home, saw me still in my pjs and when I asked him to carry up the vacuum cleaner from the basement because my back hurt, he just gave me a funny look and headed down the stairs. The kids kept giggling at the bottom of the stairs, so he knew something was up. He was SHOCKED, pleasantly. He said he was wondering why my back would hurt if all I did all day was lounge around in my pjs, but he wasn't going to say anything cause he figured I might have had a rough day with the kids or something.

I am going to sleep good tonight!!!