Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   OMG PAGE 1 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/omg-page-1-a-t29441.html)

bearisgray 11-29-2009 11:14 AM

My DH looks pretty good for an old(er) man!

Always good go have something up there for comparison! :) :)

pal 11-29-2009 11:15 AM

When my friends and I look at our group pictures together, from
35 years ago, we can't believe how beautiful we all were. Isn't it
too bad that we don't feel that way when we're "there". I hope that in twenty years we'll look back and realize the same thing about today.

Nancy in Louisiana 11-29-2009 01:53 PM

All of a sudden I don't feel so bad about the 40 pounds that appeared over the last 30 or so years. And the "twins" may be drooping some, but when I haul 'em up in place I have the cleavage I never had then. So maybe we're improving seeing as we don't have that kind of image to keep up.

butterflywing 11-29-2009 02:31 PM

they don't get better looking, but some of them stay sexy-looking, don't you think? even though they look older? sean connery leaps to my mind, even though his leaping days are probably over. :oops: :oops: and james garner looks older and not better, but still sexy to me. someone out there likes russell crowe, right? and paul newman looked hot into his 60's, although he certainly did not look as good as he did when he made Cat on a Hot Tin Roof in his peak. (he blew me away in that one and Cool Hand Luke :mrgreen: )

let's not forget tom selleck.

Shemjo 11-29-2009 02:41 PM

Hooray for Tom Selleck!

Moonpi 11-29-2009 04:49 PM

Some of us would add George Clooney to that list too - definatly looking good.

butterflywing 11-29-2009 05:31 PM

ooooh! :oops:

earthwalker 11-29-2009 05:33 PM

Glad I'm not famous....far too many opportunities for the paparazzi to catch you looking less than glam...not to mention the weirdos who rummage through the celebs rubbish bins.

Thanks for posting the handsome lads....but Gerard Depardieu, Charles Bronson and Brando....very appealing...the only pretty fella on my list of "nice to look at" is Johnny Depp.

Margie 11-29-2009 05:39 PM

Time sure marches on for all of us doesnt it!! Sometimes when I look in the mirror, I scare myself lol

Margie

MissTreated 11-29-2009 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing

Originally Posted by MissTreated
Since all the "young" pictures of those guys are studio pictures and the "older" pictures were taken by paparazziwith probably huge lenses and then blown up (Judging by the grainyness of the pictures) and cropped, it would do justice to no one. (And I think Russell Crowe looks pretty darn good, too!)

the 'before' ones were airbrushed by the studios, so they might never have looked that good either. then there was that makeup. then there was cosmetic surgery. then there was my poor eyesight. :lol: :lol:

So the 'before' pictures are a sure bet, and the 'after' pictures have not been airbrused, except to perhaps add blotches, adult acne and scars. Woudn't help a soul... but I still think Russel Crowe looks pretty darn good?! :D