Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Only one awake (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/only-one-awake-t256929.html)

DOTTYMO 11-16-2014 11:43 PM

Only one awake

Do you ever feel like this? At this moment in time I feel I am the only one awake in the whole world and beyond. Just been looking at main section and answered a few threads. Then look and find my 6 replies are there all below each other and no one else. Must stop doing this.

giquilt 11-17-2014 12:09 AM

Some times this happens. But I promise u are not the only one awake. It is raining here in TN. I really am thinking about getting up and doing some appliqué for a little while.

LavenderBlue 11-17-2014 12:43 AM

After only 4 hrs. sleep the night before, I fell asleep on the couch tonight around 7. Took a 4.5 hr. "nap" and have been up ever since. Had a snack, watched recorded TV, read blogs, folded laundry and now making myself go to bed for a few hours. You are not alone.

quilter68 11-17-2014 07:18 AM

From 03:00am this morning 'till 05:00am, I worked a word puzzle. Then I slept for two hours. An average night. I am retired and do not have to be anywhere on time, so I don't mind.

Actually I am now 73 and glad to be alive.

francie yuhas 11-17-2014 08:38 AM

Well,we do waste a lotta time sleeping.

quiltingcandy 11-17-2014 08:57 AM

I used to love that feeling! I loved the quiet and totally "me" time. I have always been a night owl and when I had my babies, it was so wonderful being up for that middle of the night feeding, just the 2 of us. When I was younger I would get a lot done in those wee hours of the morning. There was nothing on TV at that time, so I would read, sew or crochet, even straighten up the house if it was needed. Since I have retired I don't seem to do it anymore. Maybe my brain isn't needing the solitude anymore.

Nammie to 7 11-17-2014 09:17 AM

Even though I'm retired I still like those "awake" nights. I can get so much done! There are 24 hours in the day and I can use any of them I choose -- just like using either side of the fabric!

Doggramma 11-17-2014 11:01 AM

Ahhh...sleeping problems. I've had them for many years. It's better now that I'm retired and don't have to function at a job with only 3 hours of sleep. There would be times I'd just go into work even if it was 4AM (I had flex hours). Last night I slept from about 12:00 to 3:45 even though I thought I was pretty tired. Luckily the short nights don't happen more than maybe once a week. I do enjoy the feeling of peace and quiet in the wee hours!

zennia 11-17-2014 01:24 PM

Yes, i am the same. Sometimes i think I am the only person up at 3am but I don't mind. I love the quiet

Deb watkins 11-17-2014 01:56 PM

I am with all of you with the sleeping (not) issue. It would not be too much of a problem except I NEED to get up at 4am for work, but it is hard when I go to bed at 8 and then am wide awake at 2 or 2:30.....Weekends are not much of an issue as I can get up and do some quilting, or watch a movie. Maybe we should start an AM virtual quilting club!