Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Only one awake

Blog Entries

Only one awake

Do you ever feel like this? At this moment in time I feel I am the only one awake in the whole world and beyond. Just been looking at main section and answered a few threads. Then look and find my 6 replies are there all below each other and no one else. Must stop doing this.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Blog Entries
    Some times this happens. But I promise u are not the only one awake. It is raining here in TN. I really am thinking about getting up and doing some appliqué for a little while.

After only 4 hrs. sleep the night before, I fell asleep on the couch tonight around 7. Took a 4.5 hr. "nap" and have been up ever since. Had a snack, watched recorded TV, read blogs, folded laundry and now making myself go to bed for a few hours. You are not alone.

Blog Entries
    From 03:00am this morning 'till 05:00am, I worked a word puzzle. Then I slept for two hours. An average night. I am retired and do not have to be anywhere on time, so I don't mind.

Actually I am now 73 and glad to be alive.
    Last edited by quilter68; 11-17-2014 at 07:19 AM. Reason: change
    Quilter 68 who is now 69/and now 70

Blog Entries
    Well,we do waste a lotta time sleeping.
    Life may not be the party we planned for,but while we are here we should dance!

I used to love that feeling! I loved the quiet and totally "me" time. I have always been a night owl and when I had my babies, it was so wonderful being up for that middle of the night feeding, just the 2 of us. When I was younger I would get a lot done in those wee hours of the morning. There was nothing on TV at that time, so I would read, sew or crochet, even straighten up the house if it was needed. Since I have retired I don't seem to do it anymore. Maybe my brain isn't needing the solitude anymore.

Even though I'm retired I still like those "awake" nights. I can get so much done! There are 24 hours in the day and I can use any of them I choose -- just like using either side of the fabric!

Ahhh...sleeping problems. I've had them for many years. It's better now that I'm retired and don't have to function at a job with only 3 hours of sleep. There would be times I'd just go into work even if it was 4AM (I had flex hours). Last night I slept from about 12:00 to 3:45 even though I thought I was pretty tired. Luckily the short nights don't happen more than maybe once a week. I do enjoy the feeling of peace and quiet in the wee hours!
    Lori

Blog Entries
    Yes, i am the same. Sometimes i think I am the only person up at 3am but I don't mind. I love the quiet
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

I am with all of you with the sleeping (not) issue. It would not be too much of a problem except I NEED to get up at 4am for work, but it is hard when I go to bed at 8 and then am wide awake at 2 or 2:30.....Weekends are not much of an issue as I can get up and do some quilting, or watch a movie. Maybe we should start an AM virtual quilting club!
    Deb Watkins - I woke up today on the right side of dirt. It is a good day.

Blog Entries
    Sign me up for the 3 a.m. virtual quilting club. This is a recent problem for me. I was always a good sleeper before. Oh well.

I too am a night owl... have been for a long time. When I was working, in order to "fit" everything in...laundry, cleaning, etc., I got used to 3-4 hours of sleep a night. Now that I've been retired for almost 6 years I still sleep 3-4 hours a night. If I could figure out a way to not sleep at all I would!!

I feel that way sometimes - I tend to wake up around 2 or 3 AM a lot, and on the weekends I just go ahead & get up. But I'm west coast, so even in the dark morning hours there's usually people awake over on the east coast.

Or there's a role playing game I will go into; and find all my online friends from the other side of the planet. Technology is a marvel, isn't it??

Quote Originally Posted by quilter68 View Post
    From 03:00am this morning 'till 05:00am, I worked a word puzzle. Then I slept for two hours. An average night. I am retired and do not have to be anywhere on time, so I don't mind.

Actually I am now 73 and glad to be alive.
    My nights very, some short and some long, guess the body tells us what it wants (79)
    Freedom to speak is a gift ;please don't take it from us..

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I sleep 7 hours straight most nights. When I don't, I just don't fight it. I'll take myself into the sewing room or go into the office. I try to go back to bed because the dogs will wake up and want to go outside. Dh gets up anywhere between 330 and 400 normally any morning, even on weekends. Most times I go to bed when I start to doze off. So usually between 10:00 and 10:15 to about 530-600. If I nap in the afternoon I can be up most of the night. have been sleeping more since been on blood thinners.

Yes, this sight has saved my sanity many nights.

When I get up I never thought about getting on here. I've worked nights for years and have trouble sleeping at night. I usually read but now that I know you all are here I'll do this

I have trouble sleeping all night about one week of the month.Some nights I sleep 15 - 45 minutes and just wake up. I get up after a while and watch Home fixing shows. Sometimes I can sleep 1200-400 other times I don't go to sleep good until 230 or 300. I still work and have to be up at 415. My 11 month old puppy only likes to sleep about 5 hours. He is an early riser. Saturday my Husband usually lets me sleep until I wake at 700. Been doing this for years.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.