Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ordering clothes online - FB adds (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ordering-clothes-online-fb-adds-t315033.html)

DJ 04-09-2021 03:16 PM

Ordering clothes online - FB adds

When you are on FB, do you see adds for purchasing clothes online? I do order clothes online, so I am probably targed for these adds.

I see some absolutely gorgeous items, but I know they are cheaply made (ask me how I know). I'm just wondering where I can get such beautiful clothes of good quality.

Any ideas for me?

Mkotch 04-10-2021 02:51 AM

Have you tried Zulily? I have bought some nice things through them and they've actually arrived fairly quickly. I ordered some t shirts last year through a FB ad, and they took at least six months to arrive. When they arrived, not one of them fit me although I ordered an XL. Even my tiny sister (size XS) didn't fit in them! Learned my lesson!

WMUTeach 04-10-2021 03:02 AM

I do order clothing online, but never from the pop-up ads. I only purchase from shops/stores that I know such as J.Jill, Land's End, and LL Bean and Christopher and Banks. I always, always shop the bargains but I can depend on the quality and delivery is generally less than a week. Never tried Zulilly. I am hoping to do some "in-store" shopping this summer as we begin to crawl forward toward normalcy.

(I was gifted a clothing item for Christmas from Vermont County Store and it was/is excellent quality.)

ptquilts 04-10-2021 03:12 AM

I would never buy something from an unknown company on a FB ad. Tons of scammers out there, FB does not care.

There is a way to check out how long a website has been around, Google "Domain Age Tool." Some of these companies are brand new and are just there to take your money.

Now if it is a company you have heard of, make sure it is the real thing and buy with confidence.

rjwilder 04-10-2021 03:52 AM

Never buy anything from pop up ads on FB. They make fake websites and use fake address and usually no phone number. You may never get your items. I have ordered from Zuilily, some of the clothes are ok, some of the not so much. They don't actually stock all their items so there is a long wait for some things. Also, not everything is refundable if you don't like it. So real everything carefully.

toverly 04-10-2021 05:12 AM

I get those ads constantly. I never order from them. DH orders Hawaiian shirts with few successful orders. They are often too small or smaller than indicated. Made overseas for smaller people

Anniedeb 04-10-2021 08:06 AM

I have ordered clothing online, but only after going to the specific store online. JCPenney, Catherines, K&G etc. I have extensive ad blockers, so I rarely ever see pop-up ads, but I would never order based off an ad. I'm just too leery and un-trusting of the unknown!

juliasb 04-10-2021 09:58 AM

I order for Woman Within frequently it came up as a pop up one day and I was interested. I only ordered a single item the first time and since then have spent several hundreds of dollars there. they cater to larger sized women.

lberna 04-10-2021 01:47 PM

I never order anything using the FB link. I go to the store website.

Jingle 04-10-2021 04:42 PM

Not being able to try on clothes during these crazy times is as bad as it gets for me. I have donated a lot of new clothes because they were too big. They were the size I normally wear. No way would I buy any more clothes until I can try them on.