Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ouch, Ouch, Ouch (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ouch-ouch-ouch-t153440.html)

Stitchnripper 09-16-2011 04:32 PM

Ouch! My cousin tells me she is still sore 2 days after her mammogram, so I'm sure there would be no cancer involved in your unfortunate situation!!

teacherbailey 09-17-2011 02:55 AM

I once steam-burned my boob with steam coming out from uder the iron.....moral of this story is to PUT YOUR BRA ON BEFORE STEAM-IRONING YOUR SHIRT!!!!!! (no blisters, just redness and it was tender for a couple of days...)

mmdquilts 09-17-2011 03:17 AM

They do get in the way sometimes don't they!

mythreesuns 09-17-2011 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I did get one caught in the wringer of my wringer washer once.

:oops: :oops:

50 years later - it doesn't seem that much worse for wear.

It probably wasn't that much worse than having a mammogram done¡

OMG... my aunt did the same thing when we were doing her laundry...I was 11 years old at the time.... I remember telling her..I never wanted big boobies after that... to this day we laugh..cuz mine are bigger then she was...

annthreecats 09-17-2011 04:15 AM

So sorry to hear about all the accidents involving boobs.

I had a really good laugh at some of these incidents. The boob in a bottle and the washing machine wringer were the funniest. Thank you for making my morning. Now I have to go wash my face, the tears are making a mess.

QuiltNama 09-17-2011 05:37 AM

anniesews,
get a bottle of witch hazel from the drug store and soak a wash cloth with it, lay it on your boob and it will help to ease the pain and bruising. it is a staple in my house for all sorts of bangs and bumps.
Brenda

mhansen6 09-17-2011 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
Oh my, I'm sorry but I laughed, broke your boob!LOL....I would have the doc check it at your next visit but I wouldnt schedule one. Hope your boob feels better soon...LOL

Really. I don't think you want him touching it now. Ouch. I don't think injuring yourself will cause cancer.

Lady Diana 09-17-2011 07:15 AM

Not to worry, years ago and even today, some women get bruised when being sqaushed by the mammogram visit.
If we can indure that and have no cancer.....I think you should have no worries.
D in TX

Buckeye Rose 09-17-2011 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by teacherbailey
I once steam-burned my boob with steam coming out from uder the iron.....moral of this story is to PUT YOUR BRA ON BEFORE STEAM-IRONING YOUR SHIRT!!!!!! (no blisters, just redness and it was tender for a couple of days...)

I did the same thing, only with a pan on the stove....no bra....leaned over to stir one on the back and bumped off the lid of front one with boob.....steam burn! and then had to put on a bra....oowwwiie

pbreon 09-17-2011 08:25 AM

hay there... take care of those Girls....they need to be with you through thick and thin,,, and burns!!!