Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   OUCH!!! Our snow has turned to ice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ouch-our-snow-has-turned-ice-t99846.html)

GABBYABBY 02-15-2011 09:36 AM

Thank you for the good laugh. I have fell twice this
year and the last time was really a nasty one.
Thank God you are okay.

JUNEC 02-15-2011 02:54 PM

So glad to hear you were unhurt after taking that fall.

Izaquilter 02-15-2011 03:28 PM

So glad you weren't hurt but just think of it this way, everyone needed a good laugh! I'm always tickled if I can make someone laugh either at me or with me! We were in Paducah one year at a quilt show & this really heavy lady was going to try to sit down on the curb. She asked for 2 of my friends help holding her arms so she could sit down gracefully. Before you know it, she was over on her back & her feet straight up in the air & we all laughed so hard we had tears rolling down our faces. HER INCLUDED! Weebles fall down but they don't fall over is what we said all day long!

Shemjo 02-15-2011 04:38 PM

This icy stuff is melting, but it is so slippery in the process. I am walking like a penguin all the time. I am so ready for NO ICE!
Glad you weren't more seriously hurt. Dignity can heal more quickly than bones and bruises. Take care all.

Becky13 02-15-2011 04:52 PM

LOLLLL. Sorry for your fall though. Miss Woohoo?!

Becky13 02-15-2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
So glad you weren't hurt but just think of it this way, everyone needed a good laugh! I'm always tickled if I can make someone laugh either at me or with me! We were in Paducah one year at a quilt show & this really heavy lady was going to try to sit down on the curb. She asked for 2 of my friends help holding her arms so she could sit down gracefully. Before you know it, she was over on her back & her feet straight up in the air & we all laughed so hard we had tears rolling down our faces. HER INCLUDED! Weebles fall down but they don't fall over is what we said all day long!

hahahahahahahaaa

nursie76 02-15-2011 04:53 PM

Oh my! I am so glad there was no real harm done. I have done the same thing and it does bruise the ego. Take care.

sosewcrazy 02-15-2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang
We attach those ice cleats to our shoes or boots at this time of year with the same matter-of-factness as putting on a pair of boots when it snows. The only way to deal with icy walkways. I've fallen, too, and it only gets harder over the years.

Those are the best things ever invented! I have two pairs and my kids call them my "granny grippers." I fell so many times last year I was desperate for something.

madamekelly 02-15-2011 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by earthwalker
One more reason for bringing back bloomers! Seriously, just as well you had the foresight to go limp...could have done a lot of damage. I often grumble about our arid climate, but snow and ice would be just as bad. Glad you are ok and the audience was small.

I wear "bloomers, (read -shorts)" under all my skirts. I have epilepsy, and never know when I will 'go down' so better safe than sorry. I have been playing with the idea of 'bloomers' for a while. (Wouldn't they be funny?)

Shemjo 02-15-2011 07:23 PM

I have an old pair of pantaloons! They are a hoot! But they do cover a multitude of ???? They are made of a gauzy fabric and like a wrap around skirt in the back with all this fabric. It must have taken a long time to tend to the necessaries. I don't even like buttons, zippers, or snaps when I get the urge! Incontinence is a word I don't want to entertain!