Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pacific Pintos Foal Watch (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pacific-pintos-foal-watch-t23074.html)

amma 07-23-2009 01:20 PM

Yeah Terri, that was me who woke up Tracy when Diana finally got around to foaling :roll: I had been watching her allday/night for months and got lucky to be able to see her foal :wink: :lol:

Pacific Pintos 07-23-2009 02:59 PM

I am sorry to tell you that both the mare and foal were lost yesterday.

The mare went into labor Tuesday night. My husband and I were both there with her. Unfortunatly all four legs and the head with no muzzle were felt. The foal was already dead. Though we tried and were able to reposition the mare somewhat we ended up taking her to two different vet centers many hours away from our home.

They were able to successfully remove the dead foal at the second hospital, however the mare had sustained some injuries and had to be euthanized. I held her while this happened.

We brought them home and buried them both together last night.

We have one more mare due to foal in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully that will have a successful outcome.

Kayla told me of this site and said you had been watching Precious. Thank you all for doing that and I am sorry to have to report such bad news.

Joanne

GMA 07-23-2009 06:59 PM

being an animal lover, I cried many tears for your loss and am having trouble typing this. The pain of losing our animals is terrible. I am so sorry for your loss.

tlrnhi 07-23-2009 07:23 PM

Joanne, I am truely sorry about Precious and her little "michelangelo" she was making. I had been following the thread on the mini horse forum and watching her as much as I could. It's just a tragedy and my heart goes out to you. Big hugs to you!

But on a happier note..........

WOOHOO!! Come on ladies! There's another on that's gonna foal!
Everyone got their list of phone numbers handy?

Kyiav10 07-23-2009 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Joanne, I am truely sorry about Precious and her little "michelangelo" she was making. I had been following the thread on the mini horse forum and watching her as much as I could. It's just a tragedy and my heart goes out to you. Big hugs to you!

But on a happier note..........

WOOHOO!! Come on ladies! There's another on that's gonna foal!
Everyone got their list of phone numbers handy?

Terri, I missed the link to watch for Joanne's. COuld you post it here so it can be found when the time comes.

Again, I am so sorry about the sad outcome. Prayers are being sent.

Kyia :(

Pacific Pintos 07-24-2009 06:06 AM

Here is the link:

http://wefoal.com/_wfcams/pacpintos/cam.php

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Hopefully all will go better on this last foaling and you can rejoice instead of being sad.

billswife99 07-24-2009 07:22 AM

Thank you for giving us the new link! I will be watching and hoping for the best for this one. Life just hands out some hard circumstances sometimes, but it always leaves us appreciating what we still have.

Debra Mc 07-25-2009 05:49 PM

So sorry to hear you lost mama & baby. I lost my lab & all her puppies one time. She was in labor but they would never come out. Was too late to get to vet, she died in process. Our hearts bleed over our animals as well as our families.

gaigai 07-25-2009 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pacific Pintos
Hopefully all will go better on this last foaling and you can rejoice instead of being sad.

Joanne, our sadness is as much on your behalf as it is for Precious and her foal. And we send you hugs, knowing that only time will help the hurt.

Pacific Pintos 07-25-2009 06:25 PM

As her caretaker, I wish I could have done something.

I was here at the ranch 24/7 for five weeks. On call for her since Father's Day in June.

Just not fair.