Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Patches foal watch (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/patches-foal-watch-t20547.html)

barnbum 05-29-2009 04:37 PM

You put Flirt in the stall, you take Flirt back out, you put Patches in the stall and take her back out....you do the hokey pokey and hope a foal comes out.....that's what the mare stare is ALL about
That's awesome!! :D :lol: :D :lol:

Okay--I'm here, Kay... not steady, but I'll have whoever you decide to put in the stall on the computer screen tonight.
Good luck!!

tlrnhi 05-29-2009 04:44 PM

Hey Kay! I waved back!
So, what's the verdict???

kaykay 05-29-2009 04:51 PM

helpppppppppppp LOL

I am now 99 percent sure flirt will foal tonight. Vulva is long and hanging a bit open and udder is hot to the touch

So I go check patches and she is doing all the same things flirt is doing. Rubbing the walls, rubbing the feeder, smacking her sides. If worse comes to worse I will have to sit in the barn watching patches and have rusty watch flirt on cam and call me if she starts foaling. Im so short and our stalls are very tall so I cant watch patches and flirt at the same time even in the barn

The plan is if Flirt foals (i so hope) We will clean the foal and then move her and the baby to another stall and put Patches on cam. So many times if one mare foals it causes the next one to go on labor :shock:

We might get a double header. I sure wish Patches would let me get a milk sample and Id have a better idea

Think i better make cofee

tlrnhi 05-29-2009 04:55 PM

I'm still saying....put Bailey in there, will make them BOTH mad and they'll foal .... worth a try? ;)

kaykay 05-29-2009 05:01 PM

LOL Terri!! Maybe we should put star in as shes just starting to bag up (you all didnt think this was the end did you???LOL)

Geesh and Im supposed to run a mare to Getitias (karla knows her) to get bred at 11 am tomorrow which means we have to be on the road at 10 am. I told hubby he may have to take the mare over there tomorrow without me

The fun just never ends!

tlrnhi 05-29-2009 05:09 PM

NO KAY!!!
Don't breed any more!!
You cannot take the stress!!! lol

kaykay 05-29-2009 05:14 PM

LMBO but this is what i do :D

I know I seriously think all horse breeders have a screw loose. Who else would put themselves thru this?

Great now shes practically rubbed her tail wrap off

sandpat 05-29-2009 05:17 PM

Ooohhhh...come on Flirt....get busy foaling tonight!!!! Woo HOoo... tell Patches to wait a few days though...

Kay...better make that coffee really strong!

Tink's Mom 05-29-2009 05:19 PM

:roll: Kay, would you whisper in Patches ear...just tell her there is a bunch of carrots in it for her, if she just waits a couple days.... :D

sandiphi 05-29-2009 05:21 PM

Kay, if we miss Flirt's foaling because she goes in the middle of night and I am sleeping, is there a way to watch it again, or is this one of those things "you snooze you lose"?