Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Patches foal watch (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/patches-foal-watch-t20547.html)

canmitch1971 05-31-2009 06:02 PM

OMG how cute!!!

amma 05-31-2009 07:34 PM

Kay, those are some precious pictures!!! He is cuddle-ish-ious!!! Thanks for the pictures!!! :D :D :D

gaigai 05-31-2009 07:55 PM

Kay, those are great pix! Thank you so much. He is too wicked cute. I just want to kiss him all over! I even got my mom watching the cam. She is neither a quilter nor a horse person, but she is totally hooked (like I am).

I was taking a nap after getting 200 pavers and 30 bags of mulch for the backyard. I guess Lil Rumor was sleeping too. The phone rang, I woke up enough to see it was mom on caller id, and when I said "yeah" (my 'you woke me up' greeting) the first thing I hear is "HE'S DEAD! HE'S JUST LYING THERE". Without opening my eyes I said, "Mom, he's not dead, he's just sleeping. Remember how babies sleep!".
She was still going on "But he's all stretched out, he's not curled up".
Me: "Mom, he's a HORSE. A BABY HORSE. Of course he's not curled up. He's just sleeping".
Mom: "He's NOT MOVING! CALL THAT NUMBER AND GET SOMEONE IN THERE. Oh, he's moving. But he was sleeping on his back with those long legs just sticking up! This is all your fault, you know, you started it".
Me: "Yes Mom, I know."

See, we're all totally addicted. Be glad mom didn't figure out that was your number on the top of her screen, 'cause you'd have gotten a phone call!
I'm gonna have to download those pix and send them to mom. Don't be surprised if she (she?) insists on coming by on our annual trip to Ohio!

sharon b 05-31-2009 08:35 PM

It is sssssooooooo addicting ! LOL

Kay , he is just such a cutey !Thank you for sharing him with us

Sharon

Celeste 05-31-2009 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by kaykay
I have bad news.

My heart just SUNK when I read that. Naturally, it started beating as I kept reading. I thought you were going to report bad news about his health!

He sure is a cutie! Thanks for posting the pictures for those of us who can't seem to get the live stuff!

k3n 06-01-2009 01:36 AM

I had the same reaction as Celeste!!! Then immediate relief thank God!

Thanks for the colour pics Kay - he's such a cutie!

K x

Alaskan lady 06-01-2009 02:47 AM

Your new colt sure is handsome :wink: His colors and markings are too cute for a foal. Congrats Kay.

barnbum 06-01-2009 03:08 AM

Wow--another stunning boy!! I love the "hole" in his front stocking. :D Your babies have the best markinga!!

kaykay 06-01-2009 03:25 AM

Thank you guys so much! Karla isnt that an odd marking? You rarely ever see that color inside a white sock.

I just love Gaigai's story! Your mom is welcome here whenever she wants!

Last night we just couldnt stop going in to pet him. Kyle was so smitten with him.

Sorry for the scare. I just felt so bad for forgetting to hit record. I wish you guys could hit it for me lol.

Patches will be back on cam tonight but I think shes got a bit before she foals. Her bag is just very inconsistent right now. Today would be her due date if she was going to foal at 322 like last year but Im thinking shes going to carry this one longer.

Okay we really need the last two to be girls :) I have so many balls on the farm right now its not even funny lmbo! Lets all think filly thoughts!

Oh also on his name how do I do this with Rumor?

Baxters Black Rumor?? Or does that sound offensive?? Hmmmmm Or I could just do Baxters Rumor Has it??

tlrnhi 06-01-2009 03:27 AM

Kay, Patches will foal on June 4 at 10am. That way, she doesn't go PAST the date/time I chose lol

And YES, she will have a filly!!!

Little Rumor is just too cute! I want to go and love on him!
Hopefully next foaling season I'll be "in the area" and CAN go love on them! :) :)

***edit***
I like Baxters Black Rumor Has It
only because we were hoping for a filly so "rumor has it that it's a filly".
Make sense???
Ok, let's take out Black and leave it at Baxter's Rumor Has It.
Had to think about it again and it doesn't sound good with "black" in there.