Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pay Pal Emails (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pay-pal-emails-t70801.html)

craftiladi 10-20-2010 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pzazz

Originally Posted by carolaug
Be very careful!!! I have been getting email stating my partial banking info and that its incorrect and to verify. DO NOT ANSWER THESE!!! It is not Paypal. Its strangers trying to get you to send them your banking info!

If you add the "real" paypal to your safe contacts, these fake ones will go to your junk box and you can easily mark them as spam.

Patti

Patti I do have paypal in my so called safe contact and still get the spams.

annette1952 10-20-2010 09:36 PM

I used to get them but haven't in a couple years. They always want you to click on the site & fill in the info. I sent them to PP for awhile & also reported them as spam.

litacats 10-20-2010 11:58 PM

Be very careful!!! I have been getting email stating my partial banking info and that its incorrect and to verify. DO NOT ANSWER THESE!!! It is not Paypal. Its strangers trying to get you to send them your banking info!

I recieve these all the time as well as different bank ones saying I have to verify my account and I don't even have an account with most of them,
as said never reply to them they are after your infomation and once they snag you, you can say goodbye to any money you had, they also steal your identity if you give them enough info

carolaug 10-21-2010 05:02 PM

Never use a debt card for order...only use a credit card. There is a difference!

Originally Posted by kathy
OMG this scared me! last night I was ordering some fabrics from fabric.com, when I went to checkout with paypal it said my account was locked and showed the last 4 numbers of my bank acct and said for me to fill it in, so I did, and it showed my credit card partial, I filled it in then it said I had to change my password, so I did. once I got into my account I saw that sure enough someone had charged 794.00 GBP (what does that mean?) on it. well I filled out the dispute form and this morning I got an email saying that it had been refunded.
now I'm scared and may close it, but I hate using my debit card number too.

Ramona Byrd 10-21-2010 05:08 PM

[quote=ptquilts][quote=Lostn51][quote=carolaug]Be very careful!!! I have been getting email stating my partial banking info and that its incorrect and to verify.
-------------------------------------------------------
Last time I got one of these, I was in a mean mood so acted real upset and thanked them for telling me I'll go right down to the bank and clear it all up, not letting them have another word, then hung up. Probably irritated them no end, now ain't that a shame!!

carolaug 10-21-2010 05:11 PM

If you use a credit card and there is an issue...you will get paid ASAP...if you use a debit card and there is an issue you may or may not get your money refunded and if you do it takes a long time. You should use a credit card not a debt card. I took a training class at work on this. They told us always use a credit card.

Catlady 10-22-2010 01:14 PM

Never use a debt card for order...only use a credit card. There is a difference!

Originally Posted by kathy
OMG this scared me! last night I was ordering some fabrics from fabric.com, when I went to checkout with paypal it said my account was locked and showed the last 4 numbers of my bank acct and said for me to fill it in, so I did, and it showed my credit card partial, I filled it in then it said I had to change my password, so I did. once I got into my account I saw that sure enough someone had charged 794.00 GBP (what does that mean?) on it. well I filled out the dispute form and this morning I got an email saying that it had been refunded.
now I'm scared and may close it, but I hate using my debit card number too.

I would also contact my credit card company, explain what
happened and find out if you should cancel that card and get a
new one issued with a new number. Better safe than sorry.

ptquilts 10-22-2010 02:06 PM

now why can't some smart computer person write a program that would go to their fake website over and over, each time entering a different fake user ID and fake password, like several thousand times. Then the crooks would waste their time trying all the passwords.

ptquilts 10-22-2010 02:09 PM

I do a lot of banking and CC stuff online, the only time I ever had a problem was using a CC at a little gas station in KY. It so happened it was the ONLY time I used that card, when I got back from my trip, the CC company called me up to question a charge I had not made. - $799 or so on videos.

jacqstash 10-22-2010 07:53 PM

Send the email to PayPal's security address - they check it out and help stop the emails