Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   PayPal (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/paypal-t66038.html)

Quiltforme 09-21-2010 02:45 PM

Fees if you accept payments not if use paypal for purchases.

ptquilts 09-21-2010 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by FancyFoot
I got my Paypal account many years ago. I opened a separate checking account just for Paypal. Keeping a minimal amount in the account , just incase anything would happen (like getting hacked) I won't be out alot of bucks.

Even if you keep very little money in your PP-linked account, if they think you owe them money, they WILL go after you and send it to a collection agency.

Cheriefaye2008 09-21-2010 03:27 PM

I personally love Paypal. I use a prepaid Visa Debit card and Paypal to make ALL my online purchases. They offer great protection from fraud and scams. If for some reason you are unsatisfied with your purchase or heaven forbid don't recieve something you pay for, they will help you resolve the issues. Also, the people you are buying from never see your credit/debit/checking account info. I don't pay any fees when I use it this way either.

nativetexan 09-21-2010 04:07 PM

i don't use it anymore. i kept getting fake emails asking me to update my account by clicking a link in the email and putting in my password!!! never again.

bearisgray 09-21-2010 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
i don't use it anymore. i kept getting fake emails asking me to update my account by clicking a link in the email and putting in my password!!! never again.

If one gets a suspicious e-mail, forward it to: [email protected]

I fell for one once - it looked very "authentic" -

As far as I know, one can buy or donate from the moment one signs up.

Many sellers and buyers prefer to use PayPal - almost immediate transfer of funds is one of the main reasons - but it is not an absolute necessity in all cases.

MaryStoaks 09-21-2010 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by FancyFoot
I got my Paypal account many years ago. I opened a separate checking account just for Paypal. Keeping a minimal amount in the account , just incase anything would happen (like getting hacked) I won't be out alot of bucks.

I do this too. :thumbup:

sewmuchmore 09-21-2010 04:30 PM

I used Paypal and love it. When I sell I do take Paypal but I also take USPS money order. I few have sent money in the mail. The best thing is to PM the seller and ask if they take Check or money order.

thelondonzoo 09-21-2010 04:35 PM

I don't ask for Paypal exclusively. I'll take money orders. :)

Moonpi 09-21-2010 06:13 PM

For the first time since 1991, I am having trouble with PayPal. They believe someone tried to hack my account, and pretty much shut me out with two purchases pending :( pooh!

Gramof6 09-21-2010 06:33 PM

I have used PayPal for years & never had any problems. I prefer it rather than use a Credit Card & give that info out on the net.