Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pays to "complain" sometimes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pays-complain-sometimes-t249479.html)

Jan in VA 07-03-2014 12:42 PM

Pays to "complain" sometimes

I had ordered some vitamins from an online source on 6/18. It only just arrived today and I was quite annoyed to have waited so long when acknowledgment of order and shipping notification had been sent to me many, many days ago.

So, I called them to make known my decision not to order from them again due this delay. And immediately, almost before I could complain, the receptionist checked her screen and advised me that because there had been "a problem in the warehouse" which caused the late shipping, she was refunding the shipping charges to me. Well! :o Thank you, ma'am! Saved me $5 which I *almost* didn't get because of failing to call the company......and that paid for the scrumptious, very naughty pastry I bought on the way home from the doctor's appointment an hour ago! ;) :D

Speak up, it can't hurt! :D :D :D

Jan in VA

NJ Quilter 07-03-2014 01:53 PM

Similar situation with a friend of mine. She rec'd wrong product from whichever online vendor. Called to straighten out order and ended up getting tons of related, useful product in addition to her original (corrected) order. Definitely pays. At least online. If only it worked so well with brick & mortar!

ube quilting 07-03-2014 02:00 PM

Way to go Jan. Pastry!!!!
peace

patski 07-03-2014 02:37 PM

I order from Vitacost and get my orders the next day & the prices are very competive

quiltinghere 07-03-2014 03:07 PM

Glad to hear you got good results when speaking up for yourself.
Glad to hear the company has great customer service...and therefore keeps it's customers happy.

How are the vitamins working for you? Lots of energy to sew? :D

Nan - Indiana

mike'sgirl 07-03-2014 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by patski (Post 6784811)
I order from Vitacost and get my orders the next day & the prices are very competive

I love vitacost! I have been a customer for years.

KarenSimon 07-03-2014 05:38 PM

Whether I have a complaint or a compliment I always voice it to a manager in the store. Sometimes if a sales person goes "above and beyond" the call of duty, I will always call from home even after talking to the manager. I think it makes a difference. At least I hope it helps.

ptquilts 07-04-2014 03:43 AM

whenever I have a problem with a name brand product, I call the toll free number on the package and complain. They always send coupons.

ThayerRags 07-04-2014 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter (Post 6784762)
Similar situation with a friend of mine. She rec'd wrong product from whichever online vendor. Called to straighten out order and ended up getting tons of related, useful product in addition to her original (corrected) order. Definitely pays. At least online. If only it worked so well with brick & mortar!

Please explain: “If only it worked so well with brick & mortar!”.

Do you mean that you personally buy the wrong product at a B&M store? How can that be when you select the product yourself? And then, are you wanting to get tons of related, useful product in addition to your original purchase, because you selected, bought, and carried home the wrong product?

CD in Oklahoma

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 07-04-2014 05:43 AM

I order from I-Herb. The prices are good and shipping is free if you spend $20.