Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pensioner's reply in Coles shop. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pensioners-reply-coles-shop-t244104.html)

Jan in VA 03-29-2014 11:51 AM

Of course this was a joke, it's been around for years with more "American" English and names. Still cute as the dickens, though!

When I leave a similar situation I always kick myself for not thinking of such a creative, fun response. It reminds me of Bill Engvall's "Here's yer sign" jokes! Now that's funny no matter who you are.:D

Jan in VA

Quilty-Louise 03-29-2014 12:12 PM

I was laughing so hard my hubs and all 3 cats came into the room
to check up on me.

When hubs asked what got me going this time I couldn't talk so I
copy & pasted to word than printed it for him.

He is now sitting in the bedroom laughing just as hard as I am.

Kooklabell 03-29-2014 12:19 PM

It was a great story to begin with, but when you added that you were hit by a car when trying to sniff something on the road, well that's just tops. Thank you for the laugh, I so needed it.

quiltstringz 03-29-2014 01:39 PM

I really needed a laugh and you provided - Great one

Elfi2 03-29-2014 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom (Post 6650150)
I think this was a joke. I've heard this before.

Exactly, that's what it was!!! :) Life is just too dreary sometimes, so jokes lighten it up!!!

NannaL 03-29-2014 03:20 PM

That is so funny, I to have done the same sort of thing only with VIP dog sausage. It is normally with my checkout friend and it is to do with what is for tonights dinner. Certainly makes people wonder. We Queenslanders do like a joke.
Are you getting much rain at present?

grannie cheechee 03-29-2014 03:53 PM

Loved it. We all need a good laugh.

lynnie 03-29-2014 05:01 PM

I love it, had to read it to my dh, said that's the type of thing i'd say. tooo funny!!!!

Elfi2 03-29-2014 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by NannaL (Post 6650867)
That is so funny, I to have done the same sort of thing only with VIP dog sausage. It is normally with my checkout friend and it is to do with what is for tonights dinner. Certainly makes people wonder. We Queenslanders do like a joke.
Are you getting much rain at present?

Yes, I've got a whacky sense of humor, I sort of can vividly imagine the situation!!! :) Not so long ago I was telling a guy from church who was waiting for a script at the chemist that I hadn't forgotten to ask my son about that special beer he brews to get 2 bottles filled for him and his partner asked him "but you're not going to drink that?" to which I replied "no, he's going to wash his feet with it, it's supposed to be really good". She looked at me in horror and said "you're not serious are you???" Me "what do you think....I'm always serious!!!" :)

Yes, we did get quite a bit of rain, thank you Lord!!! It filled our dams again and the water tanks and with the bit of sun we're getting now, the warmth makes the grass stick out it's nose again....we had nothing left, just dirt :(

pal 03-30-2014 07:27 AM

My Mom was in the supermarket and the checker asked her if she wanted a box. "Wannabox?"

She replied "why? I'm not mad at you." Life is great - go for the laugh!