Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Perfume, do you wear it. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/perfume-do-you-wear-t144140.html)

jbud2 08-10-2011 01:31 PM

I have two a switch between for the summer - and they are both very light and airy.

We went to a baseball game and had to move because a women's scent was so strong and offensive.

May in Jersey 08-10-2011 01:32 PM

I used to wear Jovan's musk, a perfume oil that was light and didn't affect my breathing. Can't seem to find it any longer so lately I've been giving myself a spray or two of a light floral scent, linen something or other.

Years ago when the soap Irish Spring first came out I couldn't go down the soap isle, its scent affected me that badly.
|

Becka 08-10-2011 01:34 PM

No, I don't wear perfume, per se. Alcohol based bottle perfume makes me sneeze and sometimes gives me a headache. The oils not so much.

happymrs 08-10-2011 01:40 PM

I wear it lightly , colognes though, not perfumes. Hubby has alergies, so am careful. I read somewhere, that wearing a scent should not be like making a grand entrance, but just a pleasant little surprise when someone comes close enough to you. I know I am not quoting it just right, but I keep it mind when I put some on, & I like it, even just at home here, it's part of who I am & part of getting dressed, for any day.

Juliebelle 08-10-2011 01:45 PM

I used to wear a little tiny bit when I worked but since retirement have not even thought to put any on, I am finding as I get older I am much more sensitive to smells and I do not want to be one that offends.

0tis 08-10-2011 01:47 PM

Not really anymore - sometimes a quick spray with body spray but perfume gives me headaches and just not worth it. Now why is it when I was young it didn't bother me - but now I can smell it a mile away? Do you think we are more sensitive? or is the perfume too overwhelming? Inquiring minds want to know..

nanasquilting 08-10-2011 01:48 PM

I put a spritz on in the morning and when it's gone, it's gone.

auntmag 08-10-2011 01:49 PM

I don't wear any fragrance. There are some I like, but there are many that I don't.

auntmag 08-10-2011 01:51 PM

It is probably because now that you don't wear perfume you are more sensitive to the smell. Like non smokers can smell a smoker from across the room.

Originally Posted by 0tis
Not really anymore - sometimes a quick spray with body spray but perfume gives me headaches and just not worth it. Now why is it when I was young it didn't bother me - but now I can smell it a mile away? Do you think we are more sensitive? or is the perfume too overwhelming? Inquiring minds want to know..

scrappycats 08-10-2011 01:53 PM

I don't wear scent, but use a lotion that is scented. I get them from Bath and Body works. But, then I forget to put the lotion on quite often so it must not be that important to me. LOL