Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Perfume, do you wear it. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/perfume-do-you-wear-t144140.html)

Kappy 08-11-2011 11:00 AM

I have found that as my estrogen level changes, so does the smell of my cologne. What I use to wear and love now reminds me of a skunk! LOL But I do like to wear a little. Maybe the perfume manufacturers could concentrate (no pun intended) on the more, em how shall I say it. ahem...mature gals??? Or maybe I just need to buy more expensive stuff!

Sunnye 08-11-2011 11:39 AM

Unfortunately, there are smells everywhere. I don't understand why clothes detergent, for example, has to smell like lilacs or whatever.
The second time "Smelly Woman" came to my house after being told of my severe allergies, she came smelling differently...but still smelling. She said, "I'm not wearing anything except dryer sheet!"
Has anyone else but me ever notice that it says "parfum" right on the front?

My house, my rules. I just wish everyone else understood how sick I and others get with odors.

lheartsl 08-11-2011 11:41 AM

yes I do where it... my favorite is CK-B....
don't like anything that smells like a flower garden from H*LL

Olivia's Grammy 08-11-2011 11:46 AM

I learned a lesson many year ago when DD and I both layer on 3 layers of perfume, the lotion, powder and the the actual perfume. We got in her very, very tiny car and neither of us could breathe. It was funny, but since then I've been careful of the layers. My DIL gets migraines so when I'm going to be around her I don't wear any perfume. Also if I'm going to be in a room of all women I don't wear perfume. I don't wear perfume every day as I forget about it, but when I remember it's just a tiny bit. I have showered again after putting perfume on if it was to heavy.

Sheila_H 08-11-2011 11:52 AM

I only wear a very small amount of it if we're going out someplace nice, other than that I don't wear it. I've walked into elevators and hopped right back out because someone took a bath in perfume and I can't breathe! Or the worse one is having someone take a bath in perfume but hasn't actually taken a bath whole new mix of odors.

Most businesses now don't allow perfume or scented oils, or creams because of people's allergies.

gigi10 08-11-2011 12:43 PM

I wear an after bath splash. It has been around probably as long as I have. I am hot most of the time. perfume has a tendancy to get stronger on me. I wear Jean Nate. It is just clean smelling and unless I reapply it, it just gets softer.

gigi10 08-11-2011 12:43 PM

I wear an after bath splash. It has been around probably as long as I have. I am hot most of the time. perfume has a tendancy to get stronger on me. I wear Jean Nate. It is just clean smelling and unless I reapply it, it just gets softer.

Darlene516 08-11-2011 12:59 PM

I do wear perfume but very sparingly as I'm asthmatic. I never wear it to work (I work in a medical office). Because I'm asthmatic I had to ask a patient who comes in frequently not to wear her perfume when she comes. She must take a bath in the stuff and whenever i had to assist in the examining room I had an asthma attack. Hers is the only perfume that does that to me. Maybe because she puts so much of it on.

katykwilt 08-11-2011 01:02 PM

I have asthma and really have a problem with certain fragrances. Occasionally I have to leave a store when someone is wearing one of those fragrances. I am unable to go into candle stores too.

sandwich child 08-11-2011 01:16 PM

When I was in practice I couldn't wear any scent, but now that I am happily retired I buy bath gel in fragrances which dissipate within an hour. Current favorites are Pomegranate Lime, Water Blossom and Freshwater Mist, all from ULTA.