Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Perfume, do you wear it. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/perfume-do-you-wear-t144140.html)

sandwich child 08-11-2011 01:17 PM

When I was in practice I couldn't wear any scent, but now that I am happily retired I buy bath gel in fragrances which dissipate within an hour. Current favorites are Pomegranate Lime, Water Blossom and Freshwater Mist, all from ULTA.

purplefiend 08-11-2011 01:50 PM

I don't and cannot tolerate perfumes due to allergies and asthma.
I can't stand to be around people who bathe in the stuff. UGH!!!
:roll:

It seems like everything has perfumes of some sort in them. The hand soaps in the store restrooms are just overwhelming for me.

I had trouble finding bath products that I could use,
a nice lady makes unscented soap for me and I feel so much better. :-D

alwayslearning 08-11-2011 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend

It seems like everything has perfumes of some sort in them. The hand soaps in the store restrooms are just overwhelming for me.

You are so lucky to be able to get the unscented soaps!

purplefiend 08-11-2011 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by alwayslearning

You are so lucky to be able to get the unscented soaps!

her website is: www.thevegetablecart.com

Rann 08-11-2011 02:18 PM

No--I sneeze and face swells and can't breathe

purplepamela 08-11-2011 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

Originally Posted by janallyn
i make my own cologne, not perfume, takes different chemicals, but i rarely wear it, it attracts yellow flys, misquotes and nats in the summer, and is often overwhelming, at the saturday market i do everyone seems to wear patchouli, it smells great i guess, but i am allergic to it, and my face turns red, then they think they have offended me, i just want to say, no you just smell to much, lol. i wear a lime, grapefruit citrus scent, in the summer and a sandalwood in the winter, but it is very very light and almost cannot be smelled, in fact only small children and men can notice it, but then again i do not use shampoo that has a scent and rinse my clothes in vinegar, less bugs that way,

jan in steaming florida

i am keeping misquotes in just cause i like it, lol

I make few scents to wear myself and don't attract insects..what is your formula?

In your sandalwood, have you added vanilla or gardenia..yum....

How do you make perfume? I make everything else at home, haven't tried that?

Lynneander 08-11-2011 02:20 PM

I would love to wear a fragrance, but my husband and I are both highly sensitive to most fragrances. It is not worth the breathing difficulties/rash ... wish things were different.

purplepamela 08-11-2011 02:23 PM

My daughter came over about 2:30, it is 5'30 i can still smell her cologne. I like natural scents, she likes dept. store fragrances. Maybe by tomorrow it will be better.

Sunnye 08-11-2011 02:28 PM

Vanicream has lotion and soap; no scents! I buy them at Walgreens, a drugstore here. You can also go online for Magick Botanicals for shampoos and body washes. Anyone who is sensitive should look for non-scented as apposed to unscented. Unscented means they put something in to take out the smell.

luce321 08-11-2011 02:29 PM

I used to wear perfume, but decided that since I could not smell it on me, what was the purpose in wearing it.