Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Perfume, do you wear it. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/perfume-do-you-wear-t144140.html)

phylby 08-11-2011 06:00 PM

I do not wear it any more. My DH is very allergic. After all these years, I am also very sensitive to fragrences. :thumbup:

arimuse 08-11-2011 06:15 PM

most people dont seem to care for scents; I on the other hand LOVE LOVE LOVE all smells. I make some in a solid form, I collect samples, I wear only white linen most of the time, and in the heat I wear a lemon scent. White linen seems a soapy, clean smell to me while citrus makes me feel cooler.
I cant tell you how many times Ive followed a guy around just to get a wiff! In toronto I once followed a scent trail thru a store and up an escalator to catch a guy and ask him what he was wearing so I could get some for my husband.

perfume is like sound or color to me- I love certain music for how it makes me feel, mostly things w/o words, just the sounds. And, the feel of fabrics and the colors; batiks make me swoon!

I got creative and made solid perfumes I named: BBQ, Dirt, Lawn, and New Car - They actually smelled like they were named in the holder, and then when you put them on they had other sides notes etc that smoothed them out. It was for guys, though I made the dirt for me since I love to work in soil I liked having a nice soil smell around me. I want to make soap and make it smell like dirt :> I dont just like the nice smells, I like the smell of cow and horse barns, too. sharet

merchjag 08-11-2011 06:26 PM

agree with alikat110-just don't wear it because for 40 years working in hospital I never wore perfume-so what'sthe sense in buying it? :thumbdown:

dreamer2009 08-11-2011 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Monika
I don't wear it....gives me a headache. I think too many people wear too much.

DITTO !!
DOUBLE DITTO !!

3incollege 08-11-2011 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by kellen46
Originally perfumes were designed to mask some pretty potent body odors. People bathed irregularly, other than an occasional dunking in the river, it was considered unhealthy to bath for reasons other than, bred, wed and dead. Later they became a fashion accessory. I think if we bath often and are clean it is enough. If you need something to cover up you body odor, then please increase you bathing, not your perfume. Perfume will not cover BO, it just makes it more.....hmmm......unique.

I don't use perfume because I stink! I love to wear it and I love expensive brands. I love how it makes me feel.
How many of you that can't stand the smell of perfume, smoke?

alwayslearning 08-11-2011 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by 3incollege

Originally Posted by kellen46
Originally perfumes were designed to mask some pretty potent body odors. People bathed irregularly, other than an occasional dunking in the river, it was considered unhealthy to bath for reasons other than, bred, wed and dead. Later they became a fashion accessory. I think if we bath often and are clean it is enough. If you need something to cover up you body odor, then please increase you bathing, not your perfume. Perfume will not cover BO, it just makes it more.....hmmm......unique.

I don't use perfume because I stink! I love to wear it and I love expensive brands. I love how it makes me feel.
How many of you that can't stand the smell of perfume, smoke?

Both make me sick.

chris_quilts 08-11-2011 07:15 PM

Way too senstive to scents to even contemplate wearing any. Can't stand scented soap or handlotion or shampoos &c onditioners. Gives me horrible headaches. Noticed lately, like since bday in Feb when hit 47, that during PMS season I am more scent sensitive than normal. Just more weird body chemistry for me and can be real pain in the patootie to boot when in grocery stores or restaurants.

Sandra in Minnesota 08-11-2011 07:20 PM

I used to wear perfume but as I got older, sometimes I can hardly breathe from people's perfume. An after bath spray light and floral scented seems to work well.

Sandra in Minnesota 08-11-2011 07:20 PM

I used to wear perfume but as I got older, sometimes I can hardly breathe from people's perfume. An after bath spray light and floral scented seems to work well.

Dee 08-11-2011 07:45 PM

I have allergies to that.