Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Perfume, do you wear it. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/perfume-do-you-wear-t144140.html)

svenskaflicka1 09-17-2011 05:06 AM

my favorite quote, from a designer, many years ago: "perfume should NEVER announce itself. it should wait to be discovered".

i had to "re-tube" a patient once, who was about to be released from the hospital after a two-week long stay for breathing problems. she had stopped breathing again, and her airways was shutting down--all because the nurse who was releasing her was wearing too much perfume. the patient was violently allergic to it, and it almost killed her. she ended up staying another week.

and our hospital system declared a complete moratorium on any kind of perfume. period. full stop. nobody, nohow gets to wear any. and that was over 25 years ago.

and the perfume that almost did her in? "poison". how fitting!

Sunnye 09-17-2011 07:52 AM

I would also have to ban Axe (Ax?) deodorant. It certainly announces itself! I am so allergic!

RedGarnet222 09-17-2011 08:22 AM

It is true that purfume has fallen out of fashion because of so many people being allergic to it. I rarely wear it amymore myself.

I do love the smell of Joy and Channel though.

Wanabee Quiltin 09-20-2011 09:53 AM

I absolutely love perfume. I have very dry skin and unfortunately it evaporates right away. But I do love it so. I wear White Diamonds and wish my husband could smell it on me but atlas, he rarely does. No, I do not like to smell other women who have it on so strong that I almost gag.

TanyaL 09-20-2011 10:04 AM

White Diamonds is my absolute favorite! What wonderful taste you have. What wonderful taste WE have. LOL

White

sarahconner 09-20-2011 04:03 PM

I wear very little, light scent, becuz most people I hang with have problems with perfumes (I try to think of them)

dtippens 09-20-2011 04:27 PM

I dont use it. When Im around any one that does its like
spraying it in my throat and stays there for ever, and I
taste it all day,makes me about 1/2 sick.

dogpursemaker 09-21-2011 01:36 AM

I occasionally wear a spritz of it. I do the spray in the air and walk through once and out the door.
At the barn I used to board at, we had one boarder that was very aromatic. He did not have to be in the barn for us to know that he was there! All you had to do was open the barn door and know he was about. You couldn't smell a horse in the barn if he'd been there in the past hour. It smelled more like walking through Macy's or something. Thankfully, he wore classy, good smelling stuff :thumbup:

This was not a small private barn-about 25 or so horses were in the barn!

Mitch's mom 09-21-2011 02:00 AM

Neither myself or my husband wear any type of cologne. I am Asthmatic so I avoid all strong smelling perfumes. I do have to work with a person who wears so much it is absolutely offensive. I've even told him flat out his scent is off putting. He looked at me all hurt and said but I buy the good stuff - they sell it at Walgreens! How do you argue with that?

It is pretty bad when you have to spray an odor neutralizer after a person leaves your office.

As for Axe. I don't know what the manufacturer thinks the stuff smells like, but to me, it has a strong undertone of urine.

Marye 09-21-2011 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaL
White Diamonds is my absolute favorite! What wonderful taste you have. What wonderful taste WE have. LOL

I wear that and when I want to change I wear Passions, very light.

White