Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Perfume, do you wear it. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/perfume-do-you-wear-t144140.html)

auntiehenno 09-16-2011 04:59 AM

wear as little as possible. Don't want to gag a maggot! My high school kids would come in with spinoffs after PE, and would have to seat them out of classroom.

RonieM 09-16-2011 06:42 AM

I have really bad allergies and am allergic to pretty much anything I can breathe, so 99.9% of the time I do not wear perfume. On special occasions, I will wear a light a light body spray.

I agree that there are way to many people out there who bathe in the stuff.

quilter41 09-16-2011 06:56 AM

Nothing but Beautiful. DH says it's my signature scent. He ask where it is if I haven't put it on. Just like makeup. He wants to know why if I don't wear it everyday. He says do you want to look old. LOL! It's all about pleasing him.

Connie in CO 09-16-2011 07:01 AM

Who can afford it.I rather buy fabric.

quilter41 09-16-2011 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
Who can afford it.I rather buy fabric.

I do both.

Honeynga 09-16-2011 08:00 AM

I can't bear to walk down those aisles at the grocery store that has any smelly stuff......candles, detergent,etc....I used to wear a light fragrance but don't anymore. Had a co worker absolutely bathed in it...if she walked down the hall the odor (yes ODOR) would linger.....heaven forbid going in the bathroom after her, the exhaust fan just wasn't strong enough ! One day I mentioned that our office smelled like a French Wh**e house and my boss called me on it.......his question what how did I know? apparently enough folks mentioned it and she finally stopped..really it was bad. She did invoices for the company and you could pick up the outgoing mail and it was so strong....her response was something like it expensive.....sorry, soap and water is CHEAP and much more pleasant.......

Sunnye 09-16-2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Honeynga
I can't bear to walk down those aisles at the grocery store that has any smelly stuff......candles, detergent,etc....I used to wear a light fragrance but don't anymore. Had a co worker absolutely bathed in it...if she walked down the hall the odor (yes ODOR) would linger.....heaven forbid going in the bathroom after her, the exhaust fan just wasn't strong enough ! One day I mentioned that our office smelled like a French Wh**e house and my boss called me on it.......his question what how did I know? apparently enough folks mentioned it and she finally stopped..really it was bad. She did invoices for the company and you could pick up the outgoing mail and it was so strong....her response was something like it expensive.....sorry, soap and water is CHEAP and much more pleasant.......

Amen to that! (I even have a hard time with some soaps! I'm not sure why our laundry detergents, soaps and whatnot have to have artificial smells added.)

jeaninmaine 09-16-2011 02:49 PM

I volunteer at our local hospital two nights a week and we're not allowed to wear perfume because so many people are allergic to it.

charismah 09-16-2011 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by nance-ell
My parents both suffered from COPD, so I stopped wearing any perfume. Even though I didn't see them every day, I wanted to know that I could .. whatever happened on any given day, I could respond as needed. They are both gone now, and I can't seem to get back into the habit. I also don't like heavy scents and try to teach DS that just because a little is nice, doesn't mean more is better! lol

This is so funny! MY DS's have an issue with cologne as well. They go to a school dance and pass around a bottle of cologne 10 times an hour I swear! They have a cloud that follows them. I think it's cute and funny. But I am sure they are knocking the girls out with the scent ...literally!

Greyhound Mom 09-16-2011 03:52 PM

I work in a hospital and smells of anykind are frowned on.