Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Perfume, do you wear it. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/perfume-do-you-wear-t144140.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 08-13-2011 03:17 AM

Gram of 6- you made some good points!!! As a nurse I've had some rough times with odors :)
Once as a student we had a patient that took 2 of us over 2 hours to clean- poor lady but poor US!!! LOL She was admitted that day and after all the scrubbing with Phisohex we still didn't get all the odor.
I never forgot this and it was a very long time ago!!! I think I skipped lunch that day- guess why??? lol

Mary O 08-13-2011 03:36 AM

WHY take a shower and then stink your clean body with perfumes and paint up a clean face? Maybe there should be a perfume ban in restaurants.

Olivia's Grammy 08-13-2011 07:49 AM

Gram of 6
Forgot I used to work in the same office with a guy that had body ordor. Very unpleasant. Hadn't thought of him in years. I was glad I moved out of that department.

Wunder-Mar 08-13-2011 08:03 AM

When I am in an open group (guild meeting) I don't wear any because there are some people in my guild who are chemically sensitive and many others who have allergies. When it's just my husband and me, I wear VERY little - one dot behind each ear one at the throat. I haven't used spray colognes/perfumes since college (30 years ago).

I also wear it around the house when I'm cleaning - it makes a difference in the way I feel and I do a better job.

Ditter43 08-13-2011 09:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I rarely wear it anymore. When I do, it's very sparingly! No matter how good it might smell, I don't want to "reek" from the odor!!

Quilterfay 08-13-2011 10:31 AM

I work in an office where one co-worker has extreme allergies. Once she has been exposed to chemical/perfumes she has to go home or the she has to go to the doctor for predizon.

Yes body odor is horrible but unscented deodorants take care of that. Or if you are my son you can only wear one type of deodorant or his arm pit will be red, sore and wheeping. Body odor is revolting and it may make us want to heave but I don't believe it has the long lasting effects of perfume and chemicals.

As the one lady says she wears it at home. that is great as she is not affecting anyone else with her perfume.

So many people do not understand the effects of chemicals on people with allergies and asthma.

Sunnye 08-13-2011 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by jojo47
I like light scents...Often I will 'layer' fragrance...using scented body wash, then following with matching lotion...MAYBE use the coordinating fragrance spray, but usually the body wash/lotion combination is plenty for all day and not overpowering...

For someone who is allergic, ONLY the body wash OR the lotion would be enough to send me over the edge! Sorry, you may not think it's too much, but it would be for me.

Sunnye 08-13-2011 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mary O
WHY take a shower and then stink your clean body with perfumes and paint up a clean face? Maybe there should be a perfume ban in restaurants.

And in movies, stores, cars, etc, etc, etc!

Jo M 08-13-2011 11:33 AM

Only on special occasions and VERY little.

Some people wear so much that they must have burned the nerve endings in their nose. They sure must not be able to tell how much they already have on, so they just keep spraying. The rest of us suffer. One should not be able to smell (or be assaulted by) another person's perfume from 10 yards away.

It can be a real touchy subject in the workplace. I finally had to ask someone to please, at least, use much less. She didn't realize that it gave me a migraine.

raedar63 08-13-2011 11:54 AM

I wear patchouli and cedar wood essential oils in grapeseed oil, sometimes peppermint ,rosemary and a few others at times. I don't like perfume except a real musk type which is hard to find and offends many anyway.I love essentual oils esp patchouli and cedarwood I wear to increase my since of wellbeing.