Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   A pet peeve..checks.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pet-peeve-checks-t43291.html)

watterstide 04-20-2010 03:09 AM

i went to the Doc yesterday. and then to the seperate place to pay ..
the lady in front of me..paying by check..acutally she wanted to write 2 checks her son saw the doc too.
i am listening to her talk to the cashier..and she knew what her co-pay was, yet she had to write out both checks from scratch.
the guy waiting behind me was coughing up a storm..who knows what was wrong with the people behind him!
i felt trapped! lol!
i do not use checks to much anymore. but when i do. it is always filled out..except for the amount. i usually sit in the car and fill it out before i go in...

do you still use checks?

LeslieSkelly 04-20-2010 03:10 AM

For a few things, not so much anymore.

Darlene 04-20-2010 03:11 AM

No only for bills not for co pays or groceries things like that.

Olivia's Grammy 04-20-2010 03:26 AM

There are a couple of things I have to write checks for, but I don't carry my check book so I have to remember ahead of time to write out the check, especially my hair dresser. One time I forgot the check so I got one of her deposit slips so I could still pay her that day.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 04-20-2010 03:29 AM

About the only thing I write a check for is the school cafeteria. They don't take debit, credit or cash.

Beth33 04-20-2010 03:30 AM

I don't even have a book of paper checks anymore.

fabric-holic 04-20-2010 03:33 AM

Only for my rent and water bill.
All my other bills I pay online either with a credit or debit card (with low limits and not connected to my bank account).
But my rent and water bill don't have online payments (why??? it's 2010!!) so I either write a check or get a money order for them.
I dread writing a check anymore. I don't like handing my account numbers (on the bottom of the checks) over to anyone.

reneebobby 04-20-2010 04:43 AM

This is funny, 10 years ago we wouldn't be talking about someone writing a check, see how things change. I don't mind having to wait for someone to write a check. I don't want to hear half a conversation.

janRN 04-20-2010 04:50 AM

At least she was paying her co-pays. We have patients at our office that say: I didn't bring any money or checkbook. Do they go to the grocery store without money, checkbook, or credit card?
I always get behind the person writing a check at the grocery store, too. I agree with you--fill out part of it ahead of time!

watterstide 04-20-2010 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by reneebobby
This is funny, 10 years ago we wouldn't be talking about someone writing a check, see how things change. I don't mind having to wait for someone to write a check. I don't want to hear half a conversation.

i don't mind anyone writing a check,or waiting. I am never is a hurry. (retired) But in a Dr. office, there are sick people,old,and handicapped people waiting in one line for one person to take thier check,cash or debit card..just wish she had filled them out ahead of time.
i just had a guy coughing all over the place..even my 2.5 year old grandson covers his cough with his sleeve.