Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pictures of the French Mediterranean Island of Corsica (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pictures-french-mediterranean-island-corsica-t24886.html)

CajunQuilter2 09-01-2009 04:00 AM

Beautiful pictures, thanks so much for sharing. It is always awesome to see pictures from other places, even more so when they are from another country.

Esqmommy 09-01-2009 05:27 AM

Lovely pix for sure. As a Jew (well, that's debateable is Oh so many ways....) I must say I LOVE the Corsican spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing...why no photos of you K?

Courtepointe 09-01-2009 05:39 AM

Merci! Thank you so much for these photos! I spent some time in Corsica when I was living in the south of France, and just loved the ruggedness of it. Though very different, it puts me in mind of the north shore of Lake Superior in Ontario, Canada. The open nature, sparse population, mountains, and water make me feel a part of the earth, rather than a society. Maybe that is good for us now and again?
Thanks again for the memories!

k3n 09-01-2009 06:21 AM

Thanks all, glad you enjoyed the pics! :D

Courtepointe - il n'y a pas de quoi!

Esq - there are a few of me but since Hans took them on a nudist beach, I am NOT posting them on here! :oops: :lol:

Bevanger 09-01-2009 06:26 AM

Ooooooooooo what beautiful scenery. I love going on trips without leaving my seat :wink: Thanks for sharing with us

littlehud 09-01-2009 07:33 AM

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

JoanneS 09-01-2009 07:45 AM

Looks like Corsica is almost an undiscovered tourist site. Thanks for sharing! How nice to be there in August without it being crowded like so many other places are during the annual flight from cities in Europe!

k3n 09-01-2009 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Looks like Corsica is almost an undiscovered tourist site. Thanks for sharing! How nice to be there in August without it being crowded like so many other places are during the annual flight from cities in Europe!

Yes, apart from the main road down the East coast, it was fairly quiet especially for August when most of France is 'en vacances'! It's not over developed either - except for in the main cities, there's no appartment buildings over 4 storeys high and even those are pretty small. Still, I guess it's hard to build high rise on the side of a mountain! :D

Ducky 09-01-2009 08:45 AM

Just breathtaking, K! Oh, what I'd give to be able to visit and experience all that you did. The kids must have had a great time. Though, I noticed there are no pictures of YOU..... I'm so glad you posted these pictures.

k3n 09-01-2009 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ducky
Just breathtaking, K! Oh, what I'd give to be able to visit and experience all that you did. The kids must have had a great time. Though, I noticed there are no pictures of YOU..... I'm so glad you posted these pictures.

Thanks Ducky! As you know, I'm the shy and retiring type so I stayed behind the camera. :wink: :lol: