Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pictures of our non-human friends (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pictures-our-non-human-friends-t32280.html)

LindaR 03-11-2012 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
YOYO at 4 months...sure keeps us old folks hopping, just what we need

nhnative 03-11-2012 07:46 AM

Pets

1 Attachment(s)
Celeste I love your dobies. I had posted a pic of my son's new Siberian Husky pups but here are the other two. The white husky is the father of the pups and the doby is my son's.

nhnative 03-11-2012 07:51 AM

Pets

1 Attachment(s)
Here is Miss Kitty with an attitude

kathdavis 03-11-2012 08:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Boy, we love our furry friends, don't we. Jerzee joined our family about 3 1/2 years ago. He is part poodle and part bischon, a poochon. He is a rescue dog and was only 4 months when we got him. He was the dirtest, scruffiest little thing when we got him. His fur was chopped here and there and he was so timid. He now has the sweetest personality and has quickly become a member of our family. He is always the first to lay on my quilts, finished or not. We were lucky to find him. Petfinder.com is a wonderful source.

P.S. He is no longer a fan of wearing clothes. But he looked so cute.

drgranny 03-12-2012 07:21 AM

Tigger is a 2 year old red boston also rescued from a breeder who decided she did not want to breed him anymore so she stopped feeding him and you can tell he was abused as he was very skittish and extremely malnourished. He has come a long way.

How can anyone be so cruel as to just quit feeding an animal who knows no other home? Poor baby!! He probably wondered what he did to not get his food any more.

sarahconner 03-28-2012 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a current pics of my Maine Coon Cat named Chief Red Cloud

rfbrazell 07-02-2012 09:51 AM

Bentley my Hero

3 Attachment(s)
Here is my quilting buddy. I am disabled and I am home by myself from 5am to 430pm when my wife is at work, but this little friend has become my BFF. He follows right behind me and when I set down he sits on my feet and when I go to the quilt studio, he sits beside me and whines until I get his "Bed" made. You'll see what I mean when you see the pictures.
His name is Bentley and he is a Shitshu and Toy Poodle breed called "Shipoo" he is awesome.
Roberto

burchquilts 07-03-2012 07:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow! Am I glad I found this thread! Y'all know how much I like to brag on my Leo. But this post is about Leo's predecessor, Yankee. We got Yankee from a rescue in Peoria, IL (6.5 hours -- one way -- away!). He had been found wandering on "Yankee Road" so that's what they named him. The best our vet could figure, he was a beagle/german shepherd/husky mix (& had personality & behavioral traits of all of them). He was about 3 months old when we got him & died last fall when he was only 5 years old. He had a bad reaction to a Lyme vaccination & developed a seizure disorder as as result. We were able to control it for 2 years but in the end, even with all the meds he was on (7 different ones every single day), they become impossible to control & after he'd had 9 grand mal seizures in a 24-hour period, we had him put to sleep. Needless to say, we were beyond devastated. Yankee never met a living thing that he didn't love & want to be with. We used to say he had more personality than most humans we knew. He was just straight up funny & I could be here all day telling you all the cute/funny things he did. But I won't. Just suffice it to say, he was a bright light in this world & I still miss him terribly. Here are a couple of pictures of him... one just being his usual ham self (he LOVED to have his picture taken) & the other fast, fast asleep (resting up to be cute & funny another day). So, without further ado... Yankee Pierre Burch...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]346212[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]346213[/ATTACH]

DCJ 09-19-2012 12:49 PM

Don't forget about this thread! I noticed someone else started one too...

I am loving all these pictures. It looks like she'd love stories too!!!!

Annaquilts 09-20-2012 01:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
All these pictures make me chuckle. Keep posting folks. Here are pictures of some of our pets. Nina is our 4 1/2 lb, six month old Havanese puppy and Tweety and Sweety are out parakeets.