Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pictures of our non-human friends (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pictures-our-non-human-friends-t32280.html)

sapdoggie 08-08-2013 01:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my fur babies- Pepper and Angel.

Pepper, or red dog as my hubby says, is an Aussie/chow/lab mix. She is 6 years old and greatly dislikes thunderstorms and any other loud noises. Her favorite place is beside me in the recliner with her head buried behind my back.

Angel, or black dog as my hubby says, is a border collie/ lab mix. She is 12 years old. She likes running after the squirrels in the yard and aggravating Pepper with squeaky toys. Her favorite place is anywhere near your feet and the corner of the couch where she can supervise the living room.

alwayslearning 08-10-2013 10:31 AM

Wish everyone had hearts as big as yours! Keep up the good living.

needles3thread 08-10-2013 10:38 AM

Love these two.

nangars 11-26-2013 10:21 PM

So cute, it us hard to get our babies to do what we want.

We used to have dogs but are to old to walk them.. So kitties are easier for us to deal with. We gave 3 babies, one black, one rag doll and a Maine raccoon. The Maine coon is the most love able.. Over the years have had dogs, birds, cats If you want to go some where, cats come and go as they place, they don't need a lot of maintains.

gale 11-26-2013 11:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Besides our dog and two cats, we have this non human friend. He's quite a bit bigger than this now. His mama rejected him-she had twins and would only take care of one. So we brought him home (his mother belongs to my FIL) and raised him on a bottle. He's a pest..er...I mean a pet. His name is Pete but dh calls him Stink so that's mostly what he responds to.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]448872[/ATTACH]

gale 11-26-2013 11:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
couple more (from last summer-I need to get new pics soon)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]448873[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]448875[/ATTACH]

mariatherese 11-26-2013 11:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my whippet:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]448874[/ATTACH]

She's 2½ and she's the best dog I have ever had. She's 100% well behaved in all situations. She's kind to our kids, she comes when she's called, she doesn't run up to strangers or other dogs without permission. If she knows what I want her to do - she'll do it. I've never had a dog that had a will to please before and to find a whippet with those traits is really rare. She likes my sewing room so she's almost always with me as I sew.

Bneighbor 11-27-2013 05:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't we just love our fur babies! [ATTACH=CONFIG]448886[/ATTACH]This is Wallace, a two year old Mini Golden Doodle (mini poodle and golden retriever). When we lost our Newfoundland named Princess my heart was broken. The doctor I worked for had just purchased Wallace and needed a baby sitter, so I thought why not. No personal attachment, not heartbreak. Well, I fell in love with him, and sat for him one weekend a month, when they traveled. I even teased her saying I should get visitation! One day she asked me if I would consider keeping Wallace (he was causing issues with her small sons) I said yes without hesitation. The morning we were to pick him up, the boys wanted to play one last time and let him outside. The gate was open, he ran out and hit a car. His leg was broke. Lots of tears and worry, but all things went well. He has been such a joy to us, more than can be described. We adore him and he returns the love. He is also in my avatar looking cute after getting groomed.

lorli 11-27-2013 07:52 AM

Stink is so cute. Look at those eyelashes!

adnil458 11-27-2013 07:53 AM

I have four at home and many more away

7 Attachment(s)
Maddie helps quilt, lays in sink
REO and Tiger on front porch
Colby watching CATS 101
My quilting buddy's cat Salem
My niece CoCo who I dog sat for 4 days
My FB profile picture
and finally I am temp mom to over 200 cats when i volunteer at rescue