Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   pinterest (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pinterest-t201374.html)

nativetexan 09-24-2012 11:48 AM

have no idea. haven't looked into it myself.

Dolphyngyrl 09-25-2012 08:19 PM

You just pin things you are interested in, they have recipes you might like to try, quilts you might like to make, crafts projects that interest you. Its kind of like the bookmark feature here but for everything not just quilting

ranger 09-26-2012 02:29 AM

I want to say thank you to all those that replied.
I appreciate the help.
Quilting Board has so many generous members!

MaryKatherine 09-26-2012 03:14 AM

I'm still trying to come to grips with Facebook :( and as my grown IT son begs "please don't embarrass me mom")
MaryKatherine

rush88888 09-26-2012 03:38 AM

no, you don't need to be a member of twitter or facebook to have a pinterest account.

Originally Posted by ranger (Post 5537300)
Do I need to be a member of Twitter or FB to join Pinterest? I am not a member of either of those sites.

lauriejo 09-26-2012 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine (Post 5541777)
I'm still trying to come to grips with Facebook :( and as my grown IT son begs "please don't embarrass me mom")
MaryKatherine

Hey I've got one of those kind of sons too!

Patchworkmarion 09-26-2012 12:11 PM

I have recently discovered Pinterest, and am "hooked" on it.I save hints, recipes,craft etc that I will probably never make.It is lots of fun though.

kalady 09-26-2012 01:43 PM

the reason I love it is that unlike bookmarks you can access it from any computer anywhere and I can send a link to others to see what I am talking about. You do not have to go through facebook or twitter - if you did I would be so outa there.

Pam H 09-26-2012 01:56 PM

One thing that has not been mentioned is that you need to be invited in order to join. That's no big deal if you know someone who is on it. If you don't know anyone, you can pm me your name and email address and I will invite you.
I am doing some remodeling and pinterest has been a great place to keep the pictures of all the things I like and might want to use. For instance, when I was looking for a back splash for my kitchen I would comb the internet for ones that I like and then pin them so that I could find them later. Now I am doing the same thing for my master bath. You can have as many categories and you want and it really makes it easy to find what you need at the time you need it. It is out there for everyone to see so you would not want to put anything personal or private on it.

jeanharville 09-27-2012 09:06 AM

Although you do have to be invited, they have a button or tab where you can request to be invited. That's what I did. It took a couple of days, but they accepted my request and I became a member. I haven't used it much because until this thread, I really did understand how to use it. So thanks for asking your question.