Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pinterest????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pinterest-t209278.html)

Dodie 12-27-2012 05:17 AM

I really like pinterest just haven't figured out how to set up different boards yet but maybe I will get time to work on it now that Christmas is over

NikkiLu 12-27-2012 06:21 AM

My two daughters made me a Pinterest account - at first I thought it was silly and hard to figure out - but now - I LOVE IT - and look at it every night - very relaxing before bed. It is just like the bookmarks on this site - but for the whole internet. Everytime you see something that you want to remember, you just PIN IT. Somebody can show you how to set up different boards - recipes, quilts, cute animal pictures, household hints, etc. I have over 100 quilts in my "quilting board" and looked through the pictures recently and noticed that I "pin" quilts that have a lot of white in them.

hcarpanini 12-27-2012 06:25 AM

I am addicted!! All those beautiful quilts in one place. You can just delete the email about others pinning. I really can't see the benefit of that either.

Geri B 12-27-2012 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu (Post 5742800)
My two daughters made me a Pinterest account - at first I thought it was silly and hard to figure out - but now - I LOVE IT - and look at it every night - very relaxing before bed. It is just like the bookmarks on this site - but for the whole internet. Everytime you see something that you want to remember, you just PIN IT. Somebody can show you how to set up different boards - recipes, quilts, cute animal pictures, household hints, etc. I have over 100 quilts in my "quilting board" and looked through the pictures recently and noticed that I "pin" quilts that have a lot of white in them.

So far from what I have read here, it seems to me that this site is sort of a brag-book for others to see???????? You say you "pin" things for future projects........so that means you can copy the things without copyright infringement? or are you just looking at pictures for "ideas"???????? are all things free or is there a fee???? I am really wondering about all this stuff!!!!!

NikkiLu 12-27-2012 06:39 AM

No, I don't think it is a brag book - it is just ideas for me to use someday - I used to print off every recipe that I would think looked good and print off every quilt that I liked - so now I just "pin it" and put it into a "folder" on Pinterest. That way, I am not using so much ink for my printer. Most of the recipes have the actual recipe with it - but not the quilts - just the pictures. Some do have the directions, but most do not. So, if somebody posts a really neat picture of a quilt on here and I just love the colors, or the layout, etc. I will just "pin it" (my daughter put a "pin it" shortcut on my toolbar. So, I just have to click on "pin it" and a box will pop up and ask which board I want to "pin it" to - Quilts, Recipes, Cute animal pictures, household hints, etc. HTH

Caswews 12-27-2012 07:19 AM

I wasn't sure of Pinterst and won't put anything of mine on it as it becomes public domain if I understand it correctly. I like to see the items on there but am very disappointed when the original site is not included in the re-pinning of sites. I do like the fact of seeing many differents sites for inspiration, ideas and just plain ol fashioned enjoyment.

cpfrog 12-27-2012 08:13 AM

Pinterest? Be Afraid! Be very afraid! It is ADDICTIVE and you can spend hours just scrolling, looking and scrolling and looking and looking.... It's like a huge catalog-encyclopedia-fashion runway-recipebook-travelogue-atlas-..... etc.

I do not "pin". There is not enough cyber-space on the cyber-bulletin board to hold all my "likes". I get pleasure from looking and dreaming, if there is something special (recipe or design) I'll note the webpage or save the photo.

Yes, and beware of the public domain., but enjoy the "trip".

Caveat Emptor.

MS quilter 12-27-2012 08:55 AM

It is an addictive black hole of information. It is truly awesome. You can find so many ideas, free patterns, recipes, and usable craft ideas. You will never see them all.

Jo Anne B. 12-27-2012 10:42 AM

I made a couple new Christmas goodies this year just from recipes I discovered on Pinterest. I am new there too just learning my way around.
Made Peanut Butter bark, my family loves Peanut butter... I have never heard of PB bark. Sugar bar cookies, wow was that a time saver..
I believe its true, our only fear is the addiction possibilities...:D

mjhaess 12-27-2012 11:12 AM

My daughter just put me on Pinterest last evening...Not sure how it works but it does look interesting....