Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Positivity thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/positivity-thread-t147709.html)

Gramof6 08-27-2011 06:45 PM

Beautiful pic! Thanks for sharing. I got up feeling great today. Unusual for me. LOL SO I dressed and went to the LQS and visited with so many nice ladies while looking at all of the new books and holiday fabrics. Came home & DD called to tell me she would be picking me up for a manicure. Her treat. Did that & returned to home then had a wonderful phone conversation with my Mom. Youngest DS & his fiance called & they will be out tomorrow after Church and taking me to lunch. It has really been a great day. Even with temps being 104. Life is good.

redkimba 08-30-2011 05:59 AM

Excited about the upcoming weather - temps to be below 100 degrees and a serious chance of rain. :)

Also - I started knitting a diaper soaker. It's turning out nicely. Hopefully I will be done with that this week.

Rebecca VLQ 08-30-2011 12:59 PM

My happy for today:

Started "working" today and as I went through my stash, I was able to pull exactly what I needed since I organized my stash last February, and it's still pretty much in shape.

AND I pulled fabric that I just bought for a rainy day, and I'm feeling excited about the final outcome. Accidental brilliance I think!

sguillot 08-30-2011 01:02 PM

I am also excited about the hot weather finally breaking here in South Texas. We have had temps over 100 far to long. There is also a possiblity of rain but heard last night that it may miss us. BUMMER I hope everyone has a safe Labor Day. I hope to get some sewing done.

Originally Posted by redkimba
Excited about the upcoming weather - temps to be below 100 degrees and a serious chance of rain. :)

Also - I started knitting a diaper soaker. It's turning out nicely. Hopefully I will be done with that this week.

redkimba 09-27-2011 05:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Love to 'revive' old skills. Took a 19th Cent shoe-making class recently. I have to let my fingers heal before I finish just this one shoe, but I really want to finish the set so I can make some fancy ones:

gramquilter2 09-27-2011 06:04 AM

I am going to work on trying zentangles using thread and silk fabric! I believe it will be as awesome as using pen and paper. Have a wonderful day.

gramquilter2 09-27-2011 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by redkimba
Love to 'revive' old skills. Took a 19th Cent shoe-making class recently. I have to let my fingers heal before I finish just this one shoe, but I really want to finish the set so I can make some fancy ones:

How cool is that, I never knew there were shoe-making classes.

redkimba 09-27-2011 11:44 AM

Just had a co-worker tell me that my new nickname is "Skinny Mimi" since I've lost so much weight. :)

kaykwilts 09-28-2011 03:30 AM

Armadillo's can do so much damage to a hard-worked, well-tended garden. Heard my neighbor out shooting one early this morning. I am thankful for such a diligent neighbor. Now we can both heave a sigh of relief....at least til the dillo's cousin shows up!!!

Mad Mimm 10-01-2011 06:31 PM

My positive today is that I got the opportunity to really focus on being grateful for what I have. And I took that opportunity and made the most of it. Happy home, healthy family - we are good.