Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Praise to my hubby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/praise-my-hubby-t188440.html)

kuntryquilter 05-10-2012 02:52 AM

I have taught my husband to sew a button on his shirt and to also iron them. I am happy with that. I don't think I would be able to teach him anything else. He is my Computer Geek & that makes him & me happy.

Steady Stiching 05-10-2012 03:51 AM

I've pointed out to my husband that his eye for precision and his enjoyment of "cool tools" he would enjoy cutting my fabric. I think I have to wait till he retires. Good for you....cutting is my least favoriite thing of quitlign.

anniesews 05-10-2012 04:44 AM

Mine is all thumbs for cutting but he can look at my design wall and help me figure out what I am doing wrong. That for me is very valuable.

Morag 05-10-2012 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by anniesews (Post 5206747)
Mine is all thumbs for cutting but he can look at my design wall and help me figure out what I am doing wrong. That for me is very valuable.

Sounds familier...My hubby has a keen eye for colour combinations and comes with me to help pick out fabric.
He supports and encourages me when I'm trying new things in my quilting experience.

Jingle 05-10-2012 05:48 AM

Mine has no attention to details, keeping him away from my sewing room works for me. He is much better at keeping the TV company while I do quilty things.

An Arm Long 05-10-2012 05:50 AM

My hubby has a wonderful eye for color, texture and value in fabric. I love it when he comes with me to pick out fabric. We have alot of fun. He is not much into sewing but is excited to see the finished product especially when he helped pick the fabric.

KatFish 05-10-2012 06:11 AM

How wonderful of your DH. My DH says that my cutting table is too low for him to cut my fabric. He is 6'6" to my 5'. That's his story and he is sticking to it.

WMUTeach 05-10-2012 06:38 AM

Congratulations! What a find! Does he have a brother? Tee-Hee!

spokanequilter 05-10-2012 07:04 AM

I've been quilting for several years and I never thought my husband was terribly interested or appreciative of my hobby. That is, until out of the blue he bought me a brand spanking new Janome Horizon machine for Christmas. My sister said he asked her advice on which machine to get, but the idea was totally his. Then a couple of months ago, I ordered a Grace quilting frame and he had it assembled within a couple of hours after it was delivered. Actions speak louder than words! I guess I'll keep him around a bit longer - just in case I need any other "some assembly required" help.... :)

anita211 05-10-2012 07:58 AM

Thankfully, mine only sews on buttons for himself, even though I have offered to sew them on with the machine. However, he is good with color...

Anita in Northfield, MN