Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   putting away the sewing for the Thanksgiving holiday? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/putting-away-sewing-thanksgiving-holiday-t76891.html)

Short an Sweet 11-17-2010 11:41 AM

LOL well he was SITTING at his desk when I put it on his desk

Originally Posted by np3
(I'm hoping for a sewing machine table for Christmas, I even printed out a picture and store location of the one I want lol, and set it on my husbands desk, how is that for subtle)

That is a great idea! Instead of his desk, I might try his pillow![/quote]

stitchingmemories 11-17-2010 02:14 PM

Not here. It will just be my husband and I this year so "life as usual". Besides I'll be sewing Christmas quilts until Christmas Eve I'm sure so I need to stay "moving". lol

MadQuilter 11-17-2010 05:13 PM

Nope! I am sooooo looking forward to a few days of R&R (or sew and sew).

Jingle 11-17-2010 06:13 PM

We all go to our cabin in the woods, about 2 hours from here, I won't be able to sew until I get back Friday. We take everything there and oldest DD is my assistant, every year, a few others help and bring snacks, deer meat goodies, late DBIL use to smoke a turkey, DSIL will do it in his honor this year. We have turkey in the oven, mashed potatoes, gravy, frozen corn, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, Brown N serves, Pumpkin pies, special cheesecake, carrot cake, chocolate cake, cherry pie, apple pie. Lots of people.
Happy Thanksgiving all. Many blessings, although we has 2 less family members this year.

brushandthimble 11-17-2010 06:18 PM

I too will be sewing, have a craft fair on Sat after.

pab58 11-17-2010 06:49 PM

Nope!!! I'm taking a quilt with me to Virginia so I can stitch down the binding! :wink: Mom won't mind at all!! We can chat and I can can stitch!! :thumbup:

isnthatodd 11-17-2010 06:53 PM

We also will be just 2, and I have a week off from work. I need to get 18-20 aprons made, so will be sewing. I figure about 40 hours total, so I guess laundry and stuff will have to wait :lol:

Short an Sweet 11-17-2010 07:00 PM

as soon as the company leaves, the machines are coming back out and I'm just going to do my projects in the order I need to give them lol, my family on the 11th (60 placemats), my husbands siblings on the 18th (16 placemats)and the rest on christmas day (4 placemats, a baby blanket, nap blanket & a twin size blanket)

Boscobd 11-17-2010 08:03 PM

It's just me and my DH this year for Thanksgiving as our good friends that we usually spend it with are going out of town. I'll be quilting and he'll be watching football!! Our perfect holiday!

gmaybee 11-17-2010 08:33 PM

I can just shut my door to my sewing room. My son and DIL will be here that evening so we can get up in the morning at 5 and hit a few stores. They always adopt a couple of families for Christmas and buy all their presents.