Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Question about Favequilts sitee (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/question-about-favequilts-sitee-t304708.html)

Evy 05-14-2019 02:47 AM

Question about Favequilts sitee

Does anyone else subscribe to the Favequilts daily newsletter? I like the site, some patterns are really different and all free. Problem is getting the pages to load after I click on the individual links to the quilts. It takes forever to load and for the life of me I cannot figure out what I need to change on my computer settings. I use IE and I've tried going through Google Chrome and nothing helps. Any help from the computer gurus would be appreciated.

eparys 05-14-2019 03:03 AM

Have you tried cleaning out your cache and cookies?? It might just be unfixable - my internet speed is dreadful and that makes access to lots of sites very slow. When I want to go to those sites I just let it load - closing all the other tabs so I only have that one open. Good luck.

Evy 05-14-2019 03:19 AM

Thanks. I have tried clearing the cache, I've checked everything I can think to check! Thanks for the advice.

QuiltnNan 05-14-2019 04:24 AM

What version of Windows are you using? If it's a version no longer supported, that would explain slowness. Are you referring to links you click on the newsletter, or the links to the patterns you click on at the site itself? I just went there and it was all speedy... but i don't get the newsletter. I use Windows 7 and Chrome.

Peckish 05-14-2019 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 8252989)
I use Windows 7

You do???? Wow, you are brave!!!

I also just went there and it loaded immediately. Are any other websites slow? Another thing that can cause sites to be really slow are ads. Do you utilize an ad blocker?

Evy 05-14-2019 07:37 AM

I use windows 10 and also use chrome occasionally. I do not have an ad blocker and Fave Quilts is loaded with ads. A lot of web pages load slowly and ATT is my internet provider. Think I will give them a call. Thanks ladies.

KalamaQuilts 05-14-2019 08:36 AM

evy, i use win 10 and chrome, ATT, and with adblocker (free version) adblocker shows 32 ads blocks for their home page. I feel like I have fleas on me :) I wouldn't bother.

Krisb 05-14-2019 08:46 AM

Evy, put an adblocker on. There are free apps available,

QuiltnNan 05-14-2019 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 8253081)
You do???? Wow, you are brave!!!....

not necessarily brave... i have several softwares that i really like and would have to pay too much to upgrade to win10.

Peckish 05-14-2019 11:32 AM

You can get adblockers as free add-ons to your web browser. I don't use Chrome so I can't tell you how to do that, but you can probably use your search engine to find it.