Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question about Favequilts sitee

Evy

Question about Favequilts sitee

Does anyone else subscribe to the Favequilts daily newsletter? I like the site, some patterns are really different and all free. Problem is getting the pages to load after I click on the individual links to the quilts. It takes forever to load and for the life of me I cannot figure out what I need to change on my computer settings. I use IE and I've tried going through Google Chrome and nothing helps. Any help from the computer gurus would be appreciated.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-14-2019 at 04:21 AM. Reason: remove comments about moderation

Have you tried cleaning out your cache and cookies?? It might just be unfixable - my internet speed is dreadful and that makes access to lots of sites very slow. When I want to go to those sites I just let it load - closing all the other tabs so I only have that one open. Good luck.
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

Evy
    Thanks. I have tried clearing the cache, I've checked everything I can think to check! Thanks for the advice.

Blog Entries
    What version of Windows are you using? If it's a version no longer supported, that would explain slowness. Are you referring to links you click on the newsletter, or the links to the patterns you click on at the site itself? I just went there and it was all speedy... but i don't get the newsletter. I use Windows 7 and Chrome.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    I use Windows 7
    You do???? Wow, you are brave!!!

I also just went there and it loaded immediately. Are any other websites slow? Another thing that can cause sites to be really slow are ads. Do you utilize an ad blocker?

Evy
    I use windows 10 and also use chrome occasionally. I do not have an ad blocker and Fave Quilts is loaded with ads. A lot of web pages load slowly and ATT is my internet provider. Think I will give them a call. Thanks ladies.

evy, i use win 10 and chrome, ATT, and with adblocker (free version) adblocker shows 32 ads blocks for their home page. I feel like I have fleas on me I wouldn't bother.

Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    Evy, put an adblocker on. There are free apps available,
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it difficult to plan the day.

Kris

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    You do???? Wow, you are brave!!!....
    not necessarily brave... i have several softwares that i really like and would have to pay too much to upgrade to win10.
    Nancy in western NY
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    You can get adblockers as free add-ons to your web browser. I don't use Chrome so I can't tell you how to do that, but you can probably use your search engine to find it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    not necessarily brave... i have several softwares that i really like and would have to pay too much to upgrade to win10.
    Yeah, but Windows 7 is no longer supported, which means no security updates, so you're leaving yourself wiiiiiide open to hackers and malware....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    Yeah, but Windows 7 is no longer supported, which means no security updates, so you're leaving yourself wiiiiiide open to hackers and malware....
    Windows 7 is still supported through January 14, 2020
    Nancy in western NY

I am old and computers have not been life until lately.Can you tell an old gal how to get ad block. Also does it work for every site? Thanks in advance

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deeleigh View Post
    I am old and computers have not been life until lately.Can you tell an old gal how to get ad block. Also does it work for every site? Thanks in advance
    Yes, it will work for every site. You have to get the ad block plugin specific to the web browser you use. If you use Chrome, then search for "Chrome ad block". If you use Firefox, then search for "Firefox ad block".

I have a brand new computer (Dell) with Windows 10...not really crazy about it as I thought all sites would load faster. Not true! It took me two week to just figure out how to upload pictures to this site. Sometime you can't teach an old dog new tricks!!

I get their newsletter; since I've dumped Centurylink and gone to another i-net server mine has changed dramatically - for the better. So it might be your server/time of day; when it's in the evening when the kids are home from school and parents are home from work mine used to slow down horridly. I'm So happy with the server I chose. Not a national one; just for my area and surrounding.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-16-2019 at 08:41 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps