Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Question about Hobby Lobby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/question-about-hobby-lobby-t153608.html)

Yooper32 09-18-2011 03:54 AM

They have a lot of crafrting supplies, wood, beads, yarn, floral, and lots of home decor stuff. They have art supplies and offer framing. They carry a pretty nice fabric selection too. I sure wish we had one here. When I went back last month for a visit to family and friends in CO, I was in Hog Heaven to go to Grand Jct's new Hobby Lobby and I got quite a bit of flannel I was looking for. They honor religion and family and will never be open on a Sunday. I applaud them on this.

suekenyon 09-18-2011 05:12 AM

Hobby Lobby is wonderful, not a cluttered looking craft
store as alot of them are.

thrums 09-18-2011 05:36 AM

Go to Hobby Lobby website and sign up for its newsletter. Each Sunday you will receive an email with the weekly specials and the weekly coupon. You can print the coupon and take it to the store. Note the 40% off coupon applies to non-sale items.

P.S. JoAnn's will honor HobLob (as I call it) coupons.

time2quilt 09-18-2011 05:56 AM

I agree about loving Hobby Lobby. 40% off coupon in most Sunday papers, good sales and good quality fabric.

CarrieAnne 09-18-2011 06:10 AM

I love Hobby Lobby! The decorations at Christmas a re SO amazing!

JusticeClan 09-18-2011 06:15 AM

We have one near us and I love it. I was there just yesterday. They have fabrics and sewing things, but a whole lot more--stuff for every hobby under the sun. And even have some home deco items.

Wanabee Quiltin 09-18-2011 06:28 AM

Prepare yourself for a wonderful store. It has everything, so much more than any Michael's or Joann's. It has 40% off coupons in the newspaper and it is never open on Sundays. I love their fabrics and use the 40% coupon on books.

craftymatt2 09-18-2011 06:54 AM

You will love Hobby Lobby

butterflies5518 09-18-2011 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by NanaCsews2

Originally Posted by purrfectquilts
Hobby Lobby is great. They do have a fabric section, not as much and not as many thread selections as I would like.

The best thing is that they always have a coupon of some sort. Every now and then it is 40% off one non-sale item.

This is way better than Hancock Fabrics 40% coupons as an example. Hancock's coupons are only good on certain things...which is usually not what I am looking for. HL coupon is good on any one thing that is not on sale.

Our Hobby Lobby honors the 40% coupon on sale items, those priced less than 40%. They will raise the sales price to make it 40% off with the coupon.

I purchased a Halloween panel for $2 yesterday and with the 40% coupon got the panel for free!

calla 09-18-2011 07:01 AM

I think it is a great seasonal home dec store, however I find they have limited inventory of items on the shelves. In the doll house area anyway......I have purchased a shelf, and I understand it is only temp. furniture. The mgr here is rude...........have fun........calla