Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Question about Hobby Lobby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/question-about-hobby-lobby-t153608.html)

wanda lou 09-18-2011 01:44 PM

you will love it, and always remember to check out the website for printable coupons.

Cheryl 09-18-2011 02:25 PM

You will Love this store it has soooooo much in it and alot of pretty things in there. They have a good bit of fabric and other sewing and quilting things too. Don't hold back on spending. :) :)

jaciqltznok 09-18-2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by matraina
They have a LOT more stuff than Michaels.

must depend on the Michaels in your area. We don't have one here in my town but we have HL and the only thing they have MORE of than Michaels is the READY DECOR junk from China.
As far as crafting stuff...HL is VERY lacking in that area! Especially in the sewing/quilting area!

Mgrubbs 09-18-2011 02:57 PM

Every other Sat. night you can print out a 40% coupon from their website. Sept. 18th is the day now!!

carhop 09-18-2011 03:00 PM

Their fabric is always 30% off and their own fabric is a good quiality pluss the 40% off that you can print on line (hobbylobby.com)

JCL in FL 09-18-2011 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by craftymatt2

Originally Posted by quiltinglady54
I really like Hobby Lobby. For the most part, their fabric is a pretty good quality, although you do have to watch some. Those 40% off coupons are great. For some other craft items, they are a little more expensive. ENJOY!
One thing that DOES annoy me about HL is that they still use price tags and not scanners on their registers. This can delay the check out process as the clerk has to KNOW everything that is on sale. Yes, they do have a "cheat sheet" available. Can't believe in this day and age of technology, that they don't use what is available.

I am surprised your stores do not have scanners, our stores here in Illinois do have the scanners and has had them several years.

Our new store in Daytona Beach has scanners.

cherrio 09-18-2011 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

must depend on the Michaels in your area. We don't have one here in my town but we have HL and the only thing they have MORE of than Michaels is the READY DECOR junk from China.
As far as crafting stuff...HL is VERY lacking in that area! Especially in the sewing/quilting area!

yes, it very well may be different by area because here in ne ohio Michaels has NOTHING FOR QUILTING. no fabric, templates nada. they have yarn and a decent florals and decent, not good, scrapbooking area. I do go to Michaels when I need yarn

JCL in FL 09-18-2011 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by cherrio

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

yes, it very well may be different by area because here in ne ohio Michaels has NOTHING FOR QUILTING. no fabric, templates nada. they have yarn and a decent florals and decent, not good, scrapbooking area. I do go to Michaels when I need yarn

I guess there must be difference in all the stores Our Michaels has no sewing things either, it is a clean uncluttered store, where as the one by us in IL was a mess, very cluttered and you could hardly go through the aisles.
HL has some sewing supplies and the fabric is very nice, I wish they had more. And the store is very clean and huge. I like both stores.

Ragann63 09-18-2011 05:28 PM

Crafts and home decor, mostly. Good framing area. They are Christian owned and not open on Sundays!!! Yea for them (although sometimes annoying for me.... lol)

Nana Julie 09-18-2011 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by llamalady
Thanks so much for the information. Now I can't wait to get there. Sounds like I should be prepared to spend a lot of time when I go!

I used to work for a Hobby Lobby, please be advised to wear comfortable shoes when you go the first time. Don't plan anything else around that time period either. As far as what they don't sell...if you do any cross stitching, don't go there to look for "Paper styled Aida" they don't carry it. I have been wanting to learn to tat, they seem to have more to offer than Joanns (which I work at now). The only thing that I know that doesn't go on sale is the Charger Plates but they are rasonable priced at $2.99 or $3.29 it's been awhile since I bought them. Value pack candles like the ones in the little aluminum cups are never on sale either.