Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Question about Pampered Chef Cookware - (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/question-about-pampered-chef-cookware-t266985.html)

bearisgray 06-29-2015 06:53 AM

Question about Pampered Chef Cookware -

I bought a set at a yard sale this weekend - but the lids are too big -

Are proper sized lids available?

Do the pans expand when cooking so the lids fit?

It did not occur to me to actually check the lids at the time to see if they actually fit properly because they "looked" okay.

nativetexan 06-29-2015 07:34 AM

You might try their online site. Every time i look at a cookware item it's made in China. shame but true. i won't buy them so my old stuff must last me. Good luck on finding more lids!

ManiacQuilter2 06-29-2015 07:42 AM

Never heard of this cookware before. Check to see if the manufacturer has an online website.

NJ Quilter 06-29-2015 07:58 AM

Definitely try their website. Their products are excellent and what little service I've needed from them has been excellent. I don't have any of their cookware but everything else of theirs that I have is wonderful and has lasted for years, if not decades.

SavedByGrace 06-29-2015 08:35 AM

I am a former Pampered Chef consultant. The lines of cookware change periodically. If you could post a picture, I might be able to tell you which line you have and you might be able to find a proper lid from there.

linmid 06-30-2015 03:49 AM

SavedByGrace congratulations on going to be grandma. There is nothing like it. Ask me how I know! LOL

Lyncat 06-30-2015 06:06 AM

I used to be a consultant too. I wonder if you got a different set of lids.

rjwilder 06-30-2015 06:46 AM

I have the 7 piece set with glass lids and silicone type handles. The lids all fit perfect. I love these pots and pans.

bearisgray 06-30-2015 08:44 AM

My DH and DS looked at them - and think the pans may have been dropped. They are "out of round."

He has pounded out some of my other pans - so maybe that will do the trick. (He does have a rubber mallet.) (He has since learned that cast iron should be red hot before starting to pound it.)

The 8-quart soup kettle is fine.

The insides still look fine - the outsides had quite a coating of cooked on gunk - so they have apparently been used.

Both the pans and lids say "The Pampered Chef" Professional. They are straight-sided, black matte finish.

Thank you for the responses. Will let you know how they turn out after he does his thing.

(He does have his uses! :-) ).

Onebyone 06-30-2015 09:38 AM

I love Pampered Chef's stone bakeware. Nothing sticks to it. Mine has turned to a deep rich brown color. I was lucky to go to an yard sale of a PC consultant about ten years ago. She died and her son was selling everything in the house. She had a room full of brand new PC pieces. Nothing over $5! I asked the son if he was sure he knew what he was selling as she had Longaburger baskets too. He said yeah, a bunch of stuff to get rid of. :(