Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question about Pampered Chef Cookware -

Power Poster

Question about Pampered Chef Cookware -

I bought a set at a yard sale this weekend - but the lids are too big -

Are proper sized lids available?

Do the pans expand when cooking so the lids fit?

It did not occur to me to actually check the lids at the time to see if they actually fit properly because they "looked" okay.

Blog Entries
    You might try their online site. Every time i look at a cookware item it's made in China. shame but true. i won't buy them so my old stuff must last me. Good luck on finding more lids!

Never heard of this cookware before. Check to see if the manufacturer has an online website.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Definitely try their website. Their products are excellent and what little service I've needed from them has been excellent. I don't have any of their cookware but everything else of theirs that I have is wonderful and has lasted for years, if not decades.

I am a former Pampered Chef consultant. The lines of cookware change periodically. If you could post a picture, I might be able to tell you which line you have and you might be able to find a proper lid from there.

Blog Entries
    SavedByGrace congratulations on going to be grandma. There is nothing like it. Ask me how I know! LOL

I used to be a consultant too. I wonder if you got a different set of lids.

I have the 7 piece set with glass lids and silicone type handles. The lids all fit perfect. I love these pots and pans.

Power Poster
    My DH and DS looked at them - and think the pans may have been dropped. They are "out of round."

He has pounded out some of my other pans - so maybe that will do the trick. (He does have a rubber mallet.) (He has since learned that cast iron should be red hot before starting to pound it.)

The 8-quart soup kettle is fine.

The insides still look fine - the outsides had quite a coating of cooked on gunk - so they have apparently been used.

Both the pans and lids say "The Pampered Chef" Professional. They are straight-sided, black matte finish.

Thank you for the responses. Will let you know how they turn out after he does his thing.

(He does have his uses! :-) ).
    Last edited by bearisgray; 06-30-2015 at 08:49 AM.

I love Pampered Chef's stone bakeware. Nothing sticks to it. Mine has turned to a deep rich brown color. I was lucky to go to an yard sale of a PC consultant about ten years ago. She died and her son was selling everything in the house. She had a room full of brand new PC pieces. Nothing over $5! I asked the son if he was sure he knew what he was selling as she had Longaburger baskets too. He said yeah, a bunch of stuff to get rid of.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
    I bought a set at a yard sale this weekend - but the lids are too big -

Are proper sized lids available?

Do the pans expand when cooking so the lids fit?

It did not occur to me to actually check the lids at the time to see if they actually fit properly because they "looked" okay.
    I think "pampered chef" is carried by Fingerhut.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

We do make pans in this country. I bought a set of Kitchen Craft a year ago. The steel is manufactured in Pennsylvania and the pans are made in West Bend, Wisconsin. (I toured the plant when I picked up my set on the way to Madison.) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that set. I've wanted it for 60 years, and now I will soon hand it over to my children. LOL
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Power Poster
    The lids fid now. A husband and rubber mallet "made them fit."

Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
    I think "pampered chef" is carried by Fingerhut.
    My daughter is a PC consultant. Fingerhut does not sell PC. They have their own company.
    The joy of the Lord is my strength.

I am a current PC Consultant and I thoroughly enjoy my cookware! In fact, I just treated myself to the 12" pan for Mother's Day! I actually use a non-PC lid for this pan... I think the lids are pricey (but the pans are worth it!). I hope you enjoy your new find!
    Blessings!