Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   A question asked by a person in the fabric department (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/question-asked-person-fabric-department-t104554.html)

Diana Lynne 03-03-2011 03:55 AM

I had to go and get some more fabric and the guy that works at the fabric department asked me what I was going to do with it..I told him if was for one of my quilts that I am making..He asked me than "what is going on with all this quilting" that lately they have been so busy at the cutting table they can not do any other thing and that just about everyone was making quilts..Strange to say the least, that there is this upward trend in making quilts especially with the rising price of cotton..Hubby wanted to know if maybe we were being sent "subliminal messages" :lol:

patchsamkim 03-03-2011 04:00 AM

Could be that people are buying fabric before the price goes up more..I know I am really glad I have a stash.

Diana Lynne 03-03-2011 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by patchsamkim
Could be that people are buying fabric before the price goes up more..I know I am really glad I have a stash.

What I would really love to know is where are those quilters around here who are buying all that fabric...It would be so neat to have a quilting buddy living close to me...

ptquilts 03-03-2011 04:53 AM

I used to live in a state where fabric for clothing was tax-exempt, but if it was for quilts or other uses there was a sales tax on it. I never confessed to quilting.... was that bad of me...

bstock 03-03-2011 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I used to live in a state where fabric for clothing was tax-exempt, but if it was for quilts or other uses there was a sales tax on it. I never confessed to quilting.... was that bad of me...

No I would have never confessed.

CarrieAnne 03-03-2011 05:59 AM

Maybe we are all stocking up?!

grammysews4u 03-03-2011 07:18 AM

I feel the need to go to walmart to see if something new has arrived.found some great stuff for 1.50 the other day.

mommaB 03-03-2011 09:32 AM

I'm just wondering if, when a bumper crop of cotton comes in, they're going to reduce the price?? Or are we going to get scammed like we do with gas prices :cry:

leaha 03-03-2011 09:42 AM

What I would really love to know is where are those quilters around here who are buying all that fabric...It would be so neat to have a quilting buddy living close to me...[/quote]

oh boy the same here! so would love to have a quilt buddy!

janethagy 03-03-2011 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne

Originally Posted by patchsamkim

What I would really love to know is where are those quilters around here who are buying all that fabric...It would be so neat to have a quilting buddy living close to me...

I agree with you 100%, where are they all at, I would like to meet some in my area too.